Happy Labor Day to all!
Get well wishes to everyone here who is suffering--from dental woes or other miseries. Virginia, I hope you're avoiding more falls.
The grandson will start first grade on Tuesday. I believe he's pretty much learned to swim this summer.
I was wondering about other people's families. My own family just assumed that of course you would learn to swim, and the sooner the better. We weren't athletes and didn't do team sports at all but swimming was considered essential. Apparently there are families where learning to swim just isn't that important. How about you? Did you learn to swim at an early age? Did the rest of the family swim?
That's what we did in the summer--we went swimming. With visiting relatives or friends, we all went swimming. It was a way to cool off on a hot day. We could finish off with a picnic. We swam in local lakes and rivers, never pools. Back then many people avoided pools because of the polio risk but I think we just didn't like them because they were boring and crowded.
Get well wishes to everyone here who is suffering--from dental woes or other miseries. Virginia, I hope you're avoiding more falls.
The grandson will start first grade on Tuesday. I believe he's pretty much learned to swim this summer.
I was wondering about other people's families. My own family just assumed that of course you would learn to swim, and the sooner the better. We weren't athletes and didn't do team sports at all but swimming was considered essential. Apparently there are families where learning to swim just isn't that important. How about you? Did you learn to swim at an early age? Did the rest of the family swim?
That's what we did in the summer--we went swimming. With visiting relatives or friends, we all went swimming. It was a way to cool off on a hot day. We could finish off with a picnic. We swam in local lakes and rivers, never pools. Back then many people avoided pools because of the polio risk but I think we just didn't like them because they were boring and crowded.

Comment