Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep On Moving for September

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Keep On Moving for September

    This board's long-term member, Sunshine 2 (AKA BBS1951) initiated this regular thread for us, and this was the message she posted:

    MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

    Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

    REMEMBER: this is a keep on moving thread, not keep on exercising! Any moving is important it doesn't have to be exercise! Even Science proves that.
    I've been waiting to post this thread because I kept hoping to have my step counts for August all added up and averaged so as to dazzle everyone here but so far I haven't yet got around to it.

    Have you been keeping up with any exercise routines you have?

    I have some heavy boxes on high shelves in my apartment, and for years I haven't lifted them down. Every time I thought about wanting to look into them, it seemed like too much of a project. My big news is that recently I actually did lift them down--and didn't lose my balance or fall.

    Sometimes not falling is a major accomplishment. That's how I felt about being able to do that. Maybe it's because I've moved from being able to lift 1-lb. weights to being able to lift 2-lb.weights. I have some 3-lb. weights around here, and it's even entered my head that some day I might even try them.

    The other day a (male) neighbor who is a few years younger than I am and doesn't have MS was complaining that he could hardly lift 10-lb.weights any more.

    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    Congratulations on getting those boxes down. That is quite a feat. You have worked hard to get that far. Now, did you find a lot of interesting things in them?
    Virginia

    Comment


      #3
      I second Virginia's nice post... congratulations!

      Comment


        #4
        [Takes a bow]

        I appreciate your thunderous applause!

        The boxes were full of surprises. It's amazing how easy it is to misremember things. I found that I still had some papers I could have sworn I got rid of ages ago, for instance.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #5
          The average step-count for August was only 1,695 steps/day, based on 25 days. Lower than the average for July, which was 1,726.There were hot days last month. That's my excuse.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #6
            Still mighty good. Take another bow!
            Virginia

            Comment


              #7
              It might have to be a virtual bow, at least at this early hour in the morning...
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #8
                In this video for people with MS, a 3-lb. weight is being used, and it seems to be assumed that just about anyone can lift a 3-lb. weight. Is this true, I wonder?
                I'm still thinking about trying the 3-lb. weights that are sitting on a shelf here at home....

                https://cando-ms.org/exercises/high-...nding-video-1/
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment

                Working...
                X