Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everybody OK?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Everybody OK?

    I sure wish someone - everyone - would write a little note so we all knew everyone was OK. Please.

    #2
    Oh my! Apologies to jingle!

    I've had quite a paperwork mess here as a result of some problems with the annual eligibility reviews. This time of year, when housing comes up for review, can go smoothly, but some years it can be bad. Because this building has had no office manager for over 8 months, my housing review wasn't done in a timely way and has had to be delayed till some indefinite date. That has messed up things considerably for me. I've been scurrying around getting paperwork together, making calls, waiting for callbacks, and so on. It keeps a person busy.

    Actually, there is a new manager but she's been here only a couple of months, and she's not working out. She is absent more than she's here. And she hasn't yet been trained to do the HUD paperwork.

    That's my tale of woe. I'm not sure where Virginia has been, and there are others who haven't been here in ages. They know who they are. There's no penalty for not being here but it is nicer when people are here.




    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #3
      Hi Jingle and Agate! I have been suffering MS fatigue for the past few days and I think the days just got away from me. The weather looks beautiful - just from looking out my windows. I haven't been out. I hope everyone else is enjoying themselves a little more than I have for the past 3 days.

      Jingle, now that we know Agate has been working, tell us what you are up to. Anything interesting?

      ​
      Virginia

      Comment


        #4
        Jingle, I'll turn this post around and ask how you are doing?
        Virginia

        Comment


          #5
          Hi Virginia, Thank you for asking. I'm OK, Moving has just been a lot more difficult than I expected. I'm too old to do what needs to be done and --- ooohhhh ---- this place is smaller than I expected. I am not fitting in. Even the refrigerator is too small. I am going to have to buy a new one - a bigger one. The range is very different than I'm used to but it works OK. And my cat is totally settled and very happy. I shouldn't complain about anything else.

          Comment


            #6
            Refrigerator too small? The trouble is that fridges are so costly. And then there is the installation, sometimes your expense? Surely there has to be a better way. I hope a solution will be found, jingle, so you don't have to get a whole new fridge.

            Virginia, I know what you mean about MS fatigue. I think I've been feeling some lately, oversleeping for 2 mornings in a row and having problems getting in gear to do just a few little tasks.

            I should vacuum. I should clean the humidifier. Tomorrow is another day.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #7
              Agate, the problem with me is I have been saying tomorrow is another day for too long.

              Jingle, just take it a little bit at the time, just like your cat does. I got a new side-by-side stainless refrigerator this past year. I like it. My brother went out and picked out some new appliances for me, specifically a refrigerator, a microwave and a stove. He did all the dealing and of course took pictures so I could o.k. everything. He ended up buying everything at Best Buy.

              If it had been up to me I would have had to throw my hands up. I still think you are going to enjoy your place when it is all finished.
              Last edited by Virginia; 09-15-2024, 05:17 PM.
              Virginia

              Comment

              Working...
              X