Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'warning signs' of multiple sclerosis that strike up to five years before diagnosis

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    'warning signs' of multiple sclerosis that strike up to five years before diagnosis

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
    the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

    #2
    Thank you for finding and posting this, Tim.

    The indicators that might signal oncoming MS seem to be the type of problem most people wouldn't associate with MS. I notice that the article said they might be useful for people already at high risk for MS, such as people with a family history of it.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #3
      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

      Misdiagnosis
      Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
      the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

      Comment


        #4
        Quite a few people go through a long stretch of time while they're misdiagnosed. Two years before I was diagnosed a GP had some lab work done and wrote me a note saying I had an abnormal ANA test (antinuclear antibodies). He said I might have "muscular rheumatism." I was having symptoms but muscular rheumatism didn't sound very bad and so I ignored the note.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #5
          It was several decades before I got a diagnosis.
          Virginia

          Comment

          Working...
          X