Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tip-Toe, Thru the Tulips

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Tip-Toe, Thru the Tulips

    Hi

    Thank you. Having someone understand where I’m coming from means a whole lotta lot to me. BTW – I am on a spectacular regimen concerning the chf. Think I’ve mentioned before about my heart stopping, twice, while I was being monitored in ICU. Can’t happen? It did happen, really.

    My daily meds are everything from aspirin to nitro (12 morning – 6 night) and, as a result of the above, “They” installed a deliberator/pace maker plus a number of stints.

    So after smoking cigs for 45 years, it was kinda recommended that I quit sucking Winston’s butt. Such a good pal all those years. Sure I long for ol’ Winny, even after 10 months of abstinence. But no butts now. Agate, how’d you ever get so smart?

    Thanks again,

    Tweeker

    Ya Can’t Argue With An Idiot
    Ya Can't Argue With An Idiot

    #2
    Thank you for the compliment but I can't think what I've said to deserve it.

    I may have mentioned that I was an occasional smoker in my teens but stopped abruptly when my father died of a heart attack when I had just turned 18. He had tried to stop smoking but couldn't. He smoked 3 packs a day.

    Congratulations on quitting! You'll help your health and your teeth--and you'll have more money to spend on other things.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #3
      Congrats on quitting. I'm a non-smoker, but many of my friends and loved ones are current or former smokers. I have heard from them, how hard it is to give up.Best of luck to you.jendie
      s
      Jendie
      I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

      Comment


        #4
        Congrats Tweeker, I quit smoking after 50 years, about 4 yrs ago. I changed to e-cigs - vapor no tobacco smoke. I didn't have any health problems YET, but Mom died of lung cancer and she had emphizima(sp).

        My best to you and Good luck on keeping healthy now.
        Love, Sally


        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






        Comment


          #5
          Congrats on quitting. Not easy, but someday you will eventually wonder why you ever smoked!
          I came from parents who both smoked. My mom only quit while she was pregnant with one of us kids (5), and started up again as soon as we we born, so I was practically born with smoke in my lungs!
          I started smoking myself when I was 15 and was up to 2+ packs a day when I quit at 22. Sadly, I quit because my heart was flipping and going off racing daily . . . thought I was gonna die. On hindsight now, I think my thyroid was checking out, causing all that. But I'm glad it scared me enough to quit smoking.

          My father quit in his late 50s, after his first heart attack. Mom did too. Doctor told him it was the #1 thing to do in order to survive. Rough times, but they never smoked again. Dad is 90 now, mom, almost 89.

          Hang in there, Tweeker.

          Comment

          Working...
          X