I like that.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
FEBRUARY Chitchat
Collapse
X
-
There are several more of the same pair--the cat perched on the deer's back, etc.--but I'm exercising restraint and not wanting to overwhelm the Internet with adorable animals.
SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Absolutely. It's very hard to sit on one's hands at this time. This morning I've been holding back tears--while sitting on my hands.Originally posted by Prot View PostI have to exercise restraint over posting political content.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
I have no F2F friends. Have always struggled that way. For whatever reasons I don't make a good first impression. Online I do a bit better, but it's more of an 'I admire your mind' than a 'liking you as a person' thing.Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.
Comment
-
Tim, I'm not sure. If Medicaid is cut, I may not be among the persons affected as Medicaid has many different categories of people receiving it, but if I am affected, I would then have to pay for (probably) all of my rx's and maybe for at least 20% of any medical care--assuming that Medicare wasn't cut. If both Medicare and Medicaid disappear for me, I would have no medical coverage at all.
Virginia, would you be affected too?
And how are you doing now? Is the head wound healing? What about the concussion effects? And there were other injuries too?SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Agate, if Medicare is cut I would be in a pickle. I think most of us disabled would be. I don't see it being cut out because I think then people would truly be up in arms. Also, I pay $327.75 per month for my supplement. If there is no Medicare why have a supplement? Also why carry my part d coverage in order to get my drugs which is an additional $123.00 per month, since I couldn't get a prescription. I wouldn't have a doctor to write a rx. It has far reaching implications.
I would not be surprised if some things are not cut for Medicare and Medicaid. I might be wrong but they do not care one iota so they will do what they want to.Virginia
Comment
-
It's not clear to me either about just what cuts would be made in Medicare or Medicaid. So far all I've heard is that Medicaid might be limited to those who have jobs, and I'm assuming that those who aren't employed due to age or disability would be exempt from that restriction. I can't imagine how Medicare could be trimmed, particularly since it has all of those parts and supplements as you say.
A few years ago Medicaid was expanded under the Affordable Care Act. I believe that one part of the plan is to end this expansion even though it was proved to have been helpful for the health of many very low-income people.
I've been squawking about these possible cuts by signing petitions that come my way by e-mail. I doubt that it does much good for me to keep doing this but I like to feel I can do something.Last edited by agate; 02-15-2025, 07:35 AM.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
IMO anyone who wants to worsen healthcare for those on low incomes(often the most disabled), and demolish the department of education is at best cold hearted, ignorant and irresponsible, and at worst criminally insane.Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.
Comment
-
And yet in recent times there have been countries that were governed for many years by such people.At least one of those countries was led by people who began by rounding up the disabled and then moved on to other vulnerable groups.
SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment

Comment