Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunshine 2's Keep On Moving Thread - May 2025

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sunshine 2's Keep On Moving Thread - May 2025

    Here is the message as Sunshine 2 posted it:

    MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

    Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

    REMEMBER: this is a keep on moving thread, not keep on exercising! Any moving is important it doesn't have to be exercise! Even Science proves that.
    People aren't checking in about how they're moving but if mobility is a problem for you, it just might help to exercise more--and then write about it here, as a way of cheering yourself on.

    The change in pedometers has meant that my step counts are very different-looking these days even though I'm sure that I'm not doing less walking than before. It just looks as if I am.

    Average step count for April, based on 28 days: 750 steps (better than the March average of 653 steps)

    I'm still standing on one leg for 30 seconds, then on the other leg for 30 seconds, but no improvement in the need for support.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    Very good Agate!

    I am still doing my leg exercises. I hope they keep me on my feet.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #3
      Bravo, Virginia! You've been doing those even though I believe you're still getting over a fall.

      I guess we have to keep our legs moving if we want them to keep moving. Some days I have to lecture myself into getting on with the exercises because I want to skip them. I have all kinds of "good excuses": I'm too tired, it's been a rough day, something is hurting, and on and on.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment

      Working...
      X