Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

June chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    It was not a fun time in my life, but I can tell you it was necessary. I was far too sick to be at home alone. I met some nice competent medical professionals and some that were very much air heads.

    I am glad Tim is home and sorry he was subjected to hearing things that made him uncomfortable.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #32
      Thank you both. I hope your your health is keeping as good as possible.
      Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
      the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

      Comment


        #33
        I should take my own advice and remember to slow down more. Today I had a fall but so far--knock on wood--I seem to have been very very lucky.

        I fell more or less on my left hip on the bathroom floor but that was a few hours ago. I got up right away without much of a problem, went on outside to take trash to the dumpster, using the rollator.

        The bone-strengthening drug I've been taking (Fosamax) may be what saved me. Or maybe it was luck. Anyway I'm beyond grateful to have escaped this time, I think.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #34
          Thank goodness! I'm very happy for you, Agate.

          Comment


            #35


            We can all be very bad at taking our own advice. I'm glad that the Fosamax has helped.

            Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
            the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

            Comment


              #36
              It may have been the Fosamax. It was also very very good luck. I don't know how many neighbors over the years have had broken hips as a result of falls, and the recovery time was long and grim for them.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #37
                Agate, now listen, you are not to take up my bad habits. Seriously, I am sorry you fell. Glad things seem alright.

                I woke this morning with an earache. I also felt like I was coming down with a cold. Earache has continued on all day and also a feeling of just not feeling well.

                I did get an order in to Fresh Market today. That went well except that I forgot to keep a list of what I ordered. I can remember several things that I did not get. I expect they were out of stock. When I used to use Instacart they sent me a list of the things I got. I guess they don't do that anymore. Fresh Market put a receipt in for the food items earlier this month, so when Instacart billed their final bill I knew the difference was in the service fee and tip. I liked that. I don't know if this is true of everyone but my groceries have gone up in the last few months. Maybe I am eating a little differently.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  #38
                  My grocery bill has been higher than ever before in recent weeks too, and it's not that I'm ordering more or ordering pricier items. Prices are higher in general--for not just groceries but for most things.

                  My one African violet gave up quite a while ago, and every time I looked around for a replacement, the prices had almost doubled, at least online. And sometimes I look at clothes I've ordered before, and the prices are quite a bit higher than before.

                  I am so so lucky with that fall that I can hardly believe it. There is quite a bruise right at my hip area but I'm sleeping no worse than usual at night and taking it as easy as possible during the day.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    You seem to be handling that fall as well as possible. I am so glad you didn't have a worse injury.

                    I ordered again today from Instacart. There were some staples that I couldn't get from Fresh Market. So, I ordered those from Harris Teeter. while I was on there I figured out how to look up my order from yesterday. My brother and his wife usually come about every two weeks to stock me up with staples and they had planned to come next week. Our temperature is forecast to be over 100 degrees with feel like temperatures of 110 to 111. I did not want them going grocery shopping for me in that kind of heat. My brother will get kind of ill with me when I tell him, but he has Parkinsons and I just think he should not be out in the heat. His wife doesn't cook in the summer, but they can just get in their garaged air conditioned car and go eat without worrying about me.

                    Jingle, is it hot where you are?

                    Tim, hope you are soon completely back to normal. I never feel good when I am on antibiotics.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Hi Virginia. I sure hope you get your groceries. It's been a bad time here and I'm wobbling. And right now I'm watching TV news about the terrifying things going on.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Prices here in the UK aren't cheap either. Unless you can stomach having a lot of beans,pulses, and soya as part of your diet. I can't. A little of them is more than enough for me. Lentils are a major 'NO THANK YOU!'
                        Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
                        the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          My youngest brother came by today and set my sprinklers to at least water a little while each day. I hate to up the water bill but I understand why he did it with the kind of heat we are getting. He didn't tell me he was coming to do that. He just did it and called me on the phone later to tell me.

                          Jingle, like you I was watching last night. This makes me nervous. I hope you are feeling better and you are not still wobbly.
                          Virginia

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Everyone in the US and elsewhere too must be on edge as the news about bombings comes to us. We here in the US have had no personal experience with what it's like to live in a war-torn country. Let's hope we aren't going to find out.

                            Virginia, I hope you can get through the hot spell by staying cool. It's a battle to keep watching the thermostat in your home and not knowing just when it will be a good idea to open some windows and when you'd just be letting hot air in if you do that.

                            I have a routine around here in hot summer weather, one I've had for years. I try to get up early enough to catch the early morning cooler weather, and I open all windows and run the fan to draw the cool air in. As it warms up around mid-morning, I shut all of the windows and hope I'm trapping the cool air in but if it's around 85-90, the air conditioner will turn on at some point. I have it set to turn on at 76' which is higher than many people would set it, I think. I'm seriously thinking about turning it down a couple of degrees.

                            If the evening cools off, I open up the windows again and let in the cool evening air, but often it doesn't cool off much even after the sun has gone down.

                            I think in the southern US I'd be running the air conditioner night and day if I remember living in the south. There was no air conditioning at that time and it was really quite hot.

                            The one movie theater in town eventually got air conditioning, and advertised "IT'S COOL INSIDE!" People flocked to the movies just to cool off.

                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                              Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
                              the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Interesting. I would prefer a fairly warm shower or bath on a hot day for the simple reason that the air feels wonderfully cool when I emerge from the shower or bath.

                                The effect is only temporary but it's better than nothing.
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X