Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

June 2025 - Sunshine 2's Keep On Moving thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    June 2025 - Sunshine 2's Keep On Moving thread

    Sunshine 2 is at peace now but she left her mark here by keeping this Keep On Moving thread going. Here is her message:

    MS creates some real challenges to keep on moving. It helps to inspire each other on how to find ways to move.

    Did you stretch in your bed, swing your arms, roll side to side today? Or perhaps you did housework? Or exercised in a pool? Tracked your count of steps? Chased your cat around the home? Pushed the wheelchair wheels with your arms at the store? Post them here and we can support and egg each other on.

    REMEMBER: this is a keep on moving thread, not keep on exercising! Any moving is important it doesn't have to be exercise! Even Science proves that.
    Now for the statistic everyone here has been waiting for--my average daily step count for May (based on 27 days):
    774 steps/day
    If that doesn't look so good, please remember that one of my two pedometers is new and very definitely records fewer steps than previous pedometers have been doing.

    Also, the average step count for April was 750--so there's been an improvement.

    What have others been doing to keep those muscles moving?
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    Agate, May step count was great. Keep on going
    Virginia

    Comment


      #3
      I'm beginning to wonder if pedometers are very accurate at all but I keep on with mine just because it's counting something like my steps each day, and just having that record seems to motivate me to walk more than I otherwise might.

      I gave up on the older pedometer as it had given out. But I found another one that is even older and am trying it out as a second pedometer to wear each day. So far it's recording only on some days. On other days it's saying 0 while the new one is recording fairly well.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #4
        Hope the new one keeps a good record.
        Virginia

        Comment


          #5
          I don't know how many pedometers I've been through over the years. There doesn't seem to be any way to find out in advance just which ones are accurate. There are a zillion brands out there.

          I read customer reviews but they don't always say much about how accurate they are.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #6
            I don't always have a pocket to put one in. I tried putting one inside my blouse but that didn't work and now I have my medical alert there. One time I hooked one on the waistband of my slacks and that didn't work. I even tried one in my pocket book and that didn't work. I finally got tired of it.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #7
              Yay for pockets! The other day a male neighbor mentioned that he'd just seen someone wearing a skirt, and why in the world don't women wear skirts any more?

              (Actually the woman he saw wearing a skirt wouldn't be wearing it if she didn't have one foot in a cast. I'm sure she can't get pants on over that cast. Before she had to wear the cast she was always wearing pants.)

              My answer was that a person's legs can get cold while wearing a skirt--and pants are more apt to have pockets you can put things in.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment

              Working...
              X