Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have knowledge of Methotrexate?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anyone have knowledge of Methotrexate?

    My oldest niece now has RA in both wrist and right knee. She is still working and has to use her wrist in typing and other things. Doctor wants her to go on methotrexate to keep her joints from becoming deformed and to help with the pain from inflammation. I do not like the sound of side effects.

    She has taken prednisone and it works great but she can't stay on it. Doctor says that with methotrexate she might go into remission in six months.

    Anyone have any information about methotrexate?
    Virginia

    #2
    Your niece is fairly young? I'm so sorry she has this diagnosis.

    It looks as if methotrexate is often the drug of choice for RA but it can have unwelcome side effects.

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #3
      Thanks Agate, all I could find was the methotrexate. I thought there might be something else and it is Voltarin. It was given to me once when I had a flare in my knees. That is all I can tell her. I will advise her to not play any golf which she does at times.
      Virginia

      Comment

      Working...
      X