Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    I've been busy dealing with the heat (99' just now at 6:30 PM) as well as needing to go to a doctor's appointment. I'm so glad that's over and abnormal test results aren't raising any red flags.

    I love tomatoes too! I try to eat some every day--fresh ones. Lately I've been getting cherry tomatoes just because they don't need any preparation (slicing, dicing, etc.) other than washing. They have a nice flavor, and it's fun to get a container with a variety of them, including yellow ones.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #47
      Jingle, that is what one of my brothers and his wife brought me last week, along with corn on the cob. I ate so good for about 5 days last week, all on them. They went to the Farmer's Market. I love eating like that.

      I had a busy day..(at least.for.me). I received the most beautiful cut flowers from my oldest.brother's children. There are 4 of them and I needed to contact all them, then a neighbor stopped by, and my air conditioning man came and worked awhile. Then I went to the pharmacy and on to Chick-fil-A and picked up my supper. I also talked to both my brothers and a niece that lives here. The flowers were ordered from out of town.

      Joan, hope you rest up if you were out in that kind of heat. I waited until late to go out. Unfortunately you can't do that when it is a doctor's appointment.
      ​​​​​​

      Virginia

      Comment


        #48


        Jingle, I struggle for things to say. Each day isn't far off being ground hog day for me.It's very much same as the day before. I totally agree with you about home-grown tomatoes. They're vastly superior to shop bought ones.

        Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
        the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

        Comment


          #49
          Virginia, I haven't had corn on the cob for more than a few years. Sunday roasts growing up would always include roast sweetcorn.All, Recently got a NHS letter re a Cancer quality of life survey. That's raised my anxiety levels. I don't have cancer, but do have Barrett's oesophagus that can lead to Cancer.

          Much of yesterday was spent doing family history research. It's possible I've made a big breakthrough, but there's very little in the way of sources to authenticate the newly found info. That is all too typical of family history research.
          Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
          the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

          Comment


            #50
            Tim, I have a niece who likes to do family research. I think it takes up her time when she is working on it. I don't know how much time she devotes to it since she also works. She gets all excited sometime and then it kind of fizzles out.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by Virginia View Post
              She gets all excited sometime and then it kind of fizzles out.
              That sums it up very well.

              Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
              the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

              Comment


                #52
                A frustrating day internet wise . Keep being disconnected. My oldest granddaughter came round to try and fix it for me. Connector was only half in . She fixed that, but I'm still getting disconnected. She's coming round tomorrow to talk to my internet provider for me.
                Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
                the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Prot - you are very fortunate to have that granddaughter. When I have any trouble, I have to disconnect everything and carry it to a repair shop, wait for a day or two and then pay a small fortune to get it back. Oooooooohhh I hate repairs but I sure can't do anything myself. I depend on this thing too much.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Jingle, sounds like me. I depend on computer and an awful lot on my tablet, which is where I am now. I got what is supposed to be a little bit of an upgrade. I have the Amazon 11. I had the older one. To be honest I can't tell much difference. I got my brother to come over and set both of them up. I just enjoy being able to sit anywhere with my tablet rather than go to my desktop computer.

                    Tim, has the weather gotten any cooler in the UK? It certainly hasn't here. I again had to have my air conditioner worked on yesterday. He told me if I felt it wasn't working right between now and Friday to call him immediately. He is going out of town Friday afternoon and will be gone until Tuesday. It is bad when a person gets anxious about their air condition man going away for awhile. He put my unit in and it is hard to get an air conditioner repairman right now. When I call, so far he has come right away.

                    Agate, I left you a message when you get time to check. Nothing important.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Virginia, Yes it's cooler here now. I have a desktop fan.

                      Jingle, I'm not the best when it comes to technology, but more able than I give myself credit for. I can easily go into panic mode when something goes wrong. Sometimes when I've calmed down I can fix the problem, sometimes not. I've been online since about 6am , and so far just one disconnection. Then after a short while it reconnected.
                      Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
                      the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        A question for you all. Do you find it hard to digest salad , compared to when you were younger?
                        Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
                        the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Tim, I'm lucky- I can digest anything. Do you have problems with some food?

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Tim, I. don't have a problem with salads. Recently I had a problem with something but I can't even remember what it is. Probably I will remember when I start to eat whatever it was again. I have heard both my brothers say that they have problems with just a few things. I wonder if men have more digestive problems in general than women.

                            I started to take my trash out and it started to rain. Honestly it rains almost every day. Our ground is so saturated. It is just very hot and rainy everyday.

                            My brother and his wife picked up a few things for me at the grocery store and they went to the farmers market and got me more corn and tomatoes. My sister-in-law picked up some empty boxes and took them out to throw away. I didn't see them. I got up early and unlocked the door, turned off the alarm and went back to bed. I am so grateful for them.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              #59
                              I can get a flu like reaction if out in the rain too long.
                              Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
                              the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                I haven't tried salad in quite a few years although for a long time I always, without fail, had a tossed salad for lunch. I got lazy about making it.

                                I may be having a problem with some kinds of fresh fruit--berries in particular. A neighbor gives me berries sometimes but it looks as if I can't eat a cup of them in a day but can get away with maybe 10 berries per day. These are red or black raspberries, blueberries, strawberries. I love them all but am not sure they like me any more.

                                I do have a few cherry tomatoes each day but that hardly counts as a salad. I have the notion that it's good to try to eat tomatoes every day.
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X