You have weight loss? Is that something you wanted? Too much weight loss can be bad news. Hope your weight loss isn't a concern.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
July chitchat
Collapse
X
-
Congratulations on the weight loss! It's a tough uphill battle--I had to go through it years ago and recall how painfully hungry I was most of the time. But it was gratifying to watch the number on the scale going down--and realizing how loose my clothes were getting.
They got so loose that eventually I had to cut them down or replace them.
It's really a never-ending battle even after the weight is lost. I found I couldn't just coast along and go back to my old habits. Many years later I still have to keep a careful eye on everything I eat. For years I was one of those people who just ate whatever, whenever, without much thought to it.
Warm apple turnovers for dessert? Been there, done that. Thing of the past. I have nice memories of those turnovers.
Being able to lose weight without counting calories is particularly impressive.
'SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Thank you. It's not easy,because I experience this.
AI generated
Not knowing when you’re sated is another interoception‑related pattern in autism. The core issue is that fullness signals—stretching of the stomach, hormonal shifts, changes in energy—don’t register clearly or arrive too late. Instead of a gradual “I’m getting full,” many autistic people feel nothing and then suddenly hit discomfort, nausea, or bloating. Others rely on external cues like portion size or routine because internal feedback is unreliable.Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.
Comment
-
Wonder if that situation might be connected to the appestat? I heard about the appestat years ago and it seems to be still around though it's hypothetical:
Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Not so surprising that you haven't heard of it. I haven't heard it mentioned in decades. I happened to think of it because I came from a family of (moderately unsuccessful) weight watchers who were often on various diets and watching for any possible reasons why they were finding weight loss to be a challenge.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
People have a way of moving on to the next interesting thing, don't they? At first message boards were new and interesting, even better than chat rooms, but then there were sites where you could post all sorts of fascinating (?) photos of the meal you're eating at Taco Bell just now.
I think the novelty of message boards wore off. But be of good cheer. People just might realize that a message board is a valuable resource after all. At least this one is still here.
Molasses for weight loss? It's basically a sugar and has calories you don't much need. But I have heard that blackstrap molasses is much better for you than any other kind.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
They certainly do. I'm a bit technophobic Takes me a while to get used to change. Thankfully it's been cooler here today.Tomorrow I plan to do some cooking. Very basic. Tin of chicken in white sauce with rice and veg mixed in.Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.
Comment
-
I know the basics of making a roux,but haven't done so for quite a few years. I've made 3 portions of chicken in white sauce + rice + veg. Ideally 1'm just a one saucepan/frying pan/casserole dish cook. I struggle with preparing veg etc, and coordinating.I still remember over 40 years later,being kicked off a cooking course during my last psych admission. Why? Being branded troublesome for a genuine difficulty,peeling and cutting potatoes.Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.
Comment

Comment