Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tecfidera (dimethyl fumarate)?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Tecfidera (dimethyl fumarate)?

    Biogen Idec has announced that it will be sponsoring several presentations at the upcoming AAN conference.

    Among the MS drugs in the pipeline is dimethyl fumarate, now apparently being known as TECFIDERA. Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    My Neurologist mentioned this to me yesterday as a possible alternative to the Rebif I am on, since I have been on Rebif for so long.

    Unfortunately, he would still like to see me on Tysabri. He says it has the best efficacy rate of all the drugs.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #3
      This is the GB-12 drug---right?

      My neuro started mentioning this a year or more ago.
      It is a psoriasis drug that has been used for years in Germany and probably other places too. That means there is a long safety trail. It is an anti inflammatory drug. Should b approved soon but not soon enough for me soI will do another round of Rituxan next week. Rituxan is very helpful to me but I will give this new drug a try as soon as it is released. Less dangerous.
      Linda~~~~

      Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

      Comment


        #4
        Linda, if you do try it please let me know. I would like to know any side effects you might have and your reaction to it. I am sure others would like to know this also.
        Virginia

        Comment

        Working...
        X