Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swelling of the legs and feet

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Swelling of the legs and feet

    Last night while "surfing the web", I happened upon a site about caring for an ALS patient, written by a neuro certified RN who herself is an ALS patient. I found tons of useful information on the website, ranging from dealing with swallowing and breathing issues to information on adapting clothing for the wheelchair bound. It's one of the most well written and useful sites I've ever come across.

    I suffer from swollen feet and have for many years now. My neuro tells me that it is not MS related, even though this all started when MS reared it's ugly head 14 years ago, long before I was immobile. My GP thinks that diuretics are the answer . . . I disagree, having tried that route. I wish that I had read this article years ago. It has taken me 14 years of trying to cope on my own, while the damage accumulated and worsened making it permanent.

    Here is the article on swollen feet.
    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

    The site has lots of other useful information and links. The page on computer access is great and shows how she has adapted to everchanging challenges .
    Just click on "Home" to get to the home page and learn who this wonderful person is. She is amazing and I am in awe!

    Joan

    #2
    Good article.

    For the last 4-5 years I have experienced swelling in primarily my left foot and leg-
    more so in the winter. Strange.
    I have worn TEDS since my MS onset but I think I need more.

    Diuretics are not on my do list.
    Doctors haven't told me anything out of the ordinary.

    A friend was experiencing swollen legs and feet, again the left side.
    A specialist referred him to a therapist who had been trained in a method of german? massage-
    tippy toes then up the leg- that moved the fluid upward.
    It took about two weeks. I think he had to wear some bandaging before therapy was complete
    after which he was prescribed some heavy duty orthopedic stockings.
    A year later his leg is doing well.

    As soon as I am fed up I am going to my new PCP (2 thumbs up)
    and talk about this massaga therapy for me.

    My right foot shrank to a 6 1/2 narrow from 8 B.
    Lord knows what 'my left foot' is.
    So much for sexy shoes.

    Mega Grin.

    Comment

    Working...
    X