Been shopping for alcohol wipes; everywhere I've looked the packages no longer have expiration dates. I did find some larger sized wipes (5 inches by 7 inches) that come in a container similar to those wipes you buy for household cleaning that did have expiration dates on them (may 2104). Why is an expiration date no longer on the smaller alcohol wipes?
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Alcohol Wipes
Collapse
X
-
Hi newone,
I don't buy them but I have some lying around that I use in connection with home glucose monitoring, and they've been around here for several years now. They're left over from my Copaxone era, or maybe even from my Avonex era.
I don't know if they're still required by law to have an expiry date but I tried to find out, and it looks as if they are. Maybe it was omitted from the ones you've been looking at? Some expiry dates are hard to find--they're in tiny print or in some faded color, or they might even be in code as part of some other number on the packaging. You have to call the company to find out.
Companies don't mind these questions. I've often called to ask.
Though my alcohol wipes are old, they're still all right but they are drying out. Since alcohol evaporates easily, they will dry out eventually and not be usable.
By the way, I'm surprised at the expiration date you mentioned for cleaning wipes. Is it really 2104? Could it have been 2014?SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
-
Oops - blame it on those cognitive issues - the year for expiration in the larger alcohol wipes is 2014.... these wipes were right next to the smaller wipes in the store - I do wonder why they're only good for about a year.
I've looked in four different store/pharmacies and have yet to find alcohol wipes with expiration dates. I found some here at home but the expiration date is 2009!
Bottles of alcohol have expiration dates in them.
Comment

Comment