Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Air Bubbles in Copaxone

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Air Bubbles in Copaxone

    Just opened a pre-filled syringe package of copaxone. There are several air bubbles. One is the usual one at the bottom, or moves to the top, bubble. There are three or four smaller bubbles on the side of the syringe that do not move - is that normal? Called Share Solutions but it's the weekend and no one is there.
    Thanks for any advice.

    #2
    Can you get them to pop or disappear by tapping the side of the syringe?
    I sure wouldn't want to shoot those bubbles under my skin..Yipes!
    Love, Sally


    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






    Comment


      #3
      no, they will not move even after tapping. just the one large one moves. gonna use another syringe today. but when these things cost $150 per day it's upsetting!!!

      Comment


        #4
        When I was on Copaxone I understood that any air bubbles could be ignored. Things may have changed since then--I went off it a couple of years ago. I did take a look at the Shared Solutions Website and couldn't find any info about bubbles except the usual advice to leave the one bubble there.

        Edited to add: I did find this on a drug information Website,
        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

        Do not remove air bubbles from the prefilled syringe or you may accidentally remove a small amount of the medicine.
        Last edited by agate; 05-04-2013, 03:08 PM.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #5
          Thank you to both of us for replying. It's strange there's four small bubbles (at least that's what they look like) on the sides that do not move.
          As far as removing the bubble(s), I use the autoject. MAybe one day I'll work up to manual injections but not for now!

          Comment


            #6
            For future reference, 24/7 nurse support as per google search.
            1-800-887-8100

            I remember the nurse telling me not to freak over ...tiny bubbles.
            (Remember Don Ho?)
            She was far more concerned about the color of the fluid in the syringe.

            Autoject-onward!

            Comment


              #7
              Don Ho.....wow, you old...lol
              Love, Sally


              "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






              Comment


                #8
                Cloudy fluid in the syringe or granules in the fluid are bad. I never had either of those problems.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #9
                  :) When I was nursing bubbles were not a problem unless the injection was going into a vein or an IV. They were ok for IM and sub Q injections. Jeanie :)

                  Comment


                    #10
                    OOOOH, that sexy, smooth Hawaiian and his tiny bubbles ( in wine, not Copaxone!) . . .
                    Here's a video of Don Ho singing Tiny Bubbles.
                    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...


                    Okay . . . . I'm old!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      OMG! That was sublime!

                      I thought his schtick was pretty exotic when I was a kid.
                      Don's got a Dean Martin thing going on.
                      And never forget Liberace!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        The bubbles floating around the stage and audience reminded me of the Lawrence Welk show . . . uh one, and uh two . . .
                        Ol' Don had one huge glass of wine. Looked more like a double margarita glass from a Mexican restaurant.
                        I'll take margaritas any day over bubbly wine!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X