Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good idea but. ...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Good idea but. ...

    Hi
    Been a long time. My computer monitor took a crap. Wife bought this iPad for me as an early b-day present. That was nice surprise for sure, but I'm having a very tough time using the the thing due to my failing eyesight and resultant poor hand-eye dexterity. Moreover, I'm beginning loose control of my "good" hand. This becomes a problem when I need to tap a specific spot.

    In spite of my griping, this device a wonder.

    tweeker
    Ya Can't Argue With An Idiot

    #2
    Welcome back, it's been quite awhile. Sorry to hear you're having issues.
    All any of us can do is adapt the best we can and carry on.
    We're here for you.

    Comment


      #3
      Hi Tweeker, nice to see you here, with your new ipad in tow.
      Happy Early Birthday!!!
      Love, Sally


      "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






      Comment


        #4
        Yes, Happy pre-Birthday!

        Maybe with time you can get used to the iPad?

        I stay away from the tiny devices. I'm too fumbly and have enough problems using a cellphone very rarely.

        Some years back someone very kindly gave me a little sudoko game you could fit in the palm of your hand and press the (tiny) buttons to play the game. I had to exchange it for something else.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #5
          What a fun birthday gift!! I love my iPad too. :-) The great news is that are some ways you can configure your iPad to better meet your needs and preferences.

          If you have an iPad 3 or later you should be able to use Siri (voice command) for some functions, which might be easier than reading/typing. No matter which iPad you have, there are also accessibility options you can play around with.

          To play with accessibility options, tap on "Settings" Under "General" swipe down to "Accessibility" and tap that. There are several options/settings from which to choose.

          Here is a link about turning Siri on: ipad.about.com/od/iPad_Guide/ss/How-To-Use-Siri-On-The-Ipad.htm

          Here is a link about Siri's commands: techblog.tv/full-list-of-siri-commands-how-to-use-siri

          I have an iPad2 so I can't give you any personal insight into Siri.

          Best Wishes and Happy early Birthday!

          Comment


            #6
            Even with good dexterity and decent eyesight
            I have a wretched time with the any touchy-feely directed tech devices.

            Comment

            Working...
            X