Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are back!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    We are back!

    Glad to see BT is up again! Thanks to David and everyone behind the scenes. Plus Agate for letting me know what is happening.

    #2
    That fix was much faster than I expected! Many thanks to those who made it possible!
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #3
      Hooray!!!


      Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

      Comment


        #4
        :) Hi everyone. Thank you for getting the board back up. I felt alone and lost when I could not read the board. Being able to come here and communicate with others is wonderful when you are alone all the time. Thanks again, Jeanie :)

        Comment


          #5
          Yes, thanks Agate for the heads up and thanks David and all
          for the expedient effort!!
          Love, Sally


          "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






          Comment


            #6
            I contacted only a few people. I was working on contacting more people when the board reappeared.

            After a day or two with no board and no announcement, I looked in some old stored e-mail until I found an e-mail address for David Hosobuchi, and sent a message inquiring. He answered very promptly and I relayed his message to some people here but hadn't got around to others whom I could have reached.

            I thought the admins might put up a general announcement but that didn't happen this time.

            Judging from some past experiences and from a sticky thread Mike Weins posted recently, I was wrongly assuming that this would be another long time with no BrainTalk.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #7
              ((((((agate))))))

              I was wondering what had happened to BT, and hoping for an announcement or automatic email with an explanation. I found a really old (2008) birthday email from BrainTalk and used that address in hopes of contacting Mike or David. It's probably floating in cyberspace now.

              Did David tell you what happened? Maybe he or Mike will give us a global announcement.

              So glad this wasn't a protracted crash.

              Glad we're back in business!

              Love & Light,

              Rose
              Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

              Comment


                #8
                Hi Rose,
                I understand that the contents of an e-mail shouldn't be shared without the author's permission, and when I passed David Hosobuchi's message on to a few people from the MS board, I let him know I was doing that.

                I hope that the administrators will provide an explanation for everyone soon.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #9
                  They are very busy and maybe a little embarrassed.
                  Hey, stuff happens!! lol
                  Last edited by SalpalSally; 10-15-2013, 06:36 PM.
                  Love, Sally


                  "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                  Comment


                    #10
                    ((((((agate & Sally))))))

                    Thank you for your responses. I wouldn't want you to breach confidentiality, of course, and I appreciate you pointing that out to me.

                    I know Mike just posted to us about his extremely busy schedule, and David was on vacation, so when we crashed, I didn't know what might have happened or whether either one of them even knew that it had happened. That's why I tried an attempt to email them with an ancient email address.

                    I'm just curious, and I don't feel owed an explanation. No one should feel embarrassed. They voluntarily do their best to serve our community, and I am so grateful for their efforts.

                    Just wanted to mention this also: I went to Brain Talk's Facebook page looking for an announcement, or other BT members posting there that they couldn't get on BT. Nothing. I think the BT Facebook page would be a useful tool for the purpose of notifying all members that the system has crashed. Give updates on its progress in getting back up. Etc.

                    I think about how many members we lost after the last big crash. I would hate for members to think after 2 days, and no notice of any kind, that BT was gone, and then they would leave and not return. Communicating on the Facebook page, since we have one, would be one way to prevent that from occurring.

                    And I don't belong to or even like Facebook!

                    I tend to worry and feel motherly toward Brain Talk. Can't help it.

                    I'm just glad we're back.

                    Love & Light,

                    Rose
                    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      That's a wonderful idea, and I wish someone had used the Facebook page to let people know what was going on.

                      And I'd completely forgotten there is a BrainTalk Facebook page--even though I signed on it a while ago.

                      Rose, I used an old e-mail address too but must have hit it lucky because it worked.

                      EDITED TO ADD:

                      I found that this was posted on Facebook yesterday:

                      BrainTalk was taken down by the host because the bill was "past due". Dr. Hoch's credit card had expired and he forgot to update the new info with the host. He has a ticket in with support because after paying the bill and updating the billing info, BT is still offline. Since it is a billing (or was) issue, only Dan is authorized to "fix it". David will be calling him a little later tonight to get an update.
                      This was essentially what was in the e-mail I received.
                      Last edited by agate; 10-15-2013, 09:37 PM.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I did get on FB but with my schedule it wasn't as soon as it could have been :p

                        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                        Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
                        Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
                        Question: What's wrong with my account?

                        Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

                        It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

                        Step 1 - log in
                        Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
                        Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
                        Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
                        Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

                        Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

                        Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I was in a panic when the board was down. I am terrible about posting but I really depend on the board. I have made some good friends here and I know when I am at my lowest I can come here and there are people who know what it is like. Granted it was better back in the day when the board was really active. But it took time to get that way and hopefully it will return. It is what it is.

                          One of the best things about BT is it isn't a clique like some of the others and while I belong to a few others this is the first place I come for the good or the bad.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X