Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knee replacement

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Knee replacement

    Hi

    In August I had surgery to repair ligament tears of my left knee. Still hurts like crazy so saw Doc today. He says the only way to fix the problem completely is have knee replacement. Wow. Asked why the drastic solution - thought the ligament thingy would have cleared up the problem. He said that when he did the previous surgery he encountered quite a bit of arthritic damage. Opined that improper gait when walking, due to the MS, caused 30 years of accumulated damage. So that's gunna happen the first part of next year. Until then, gotta put up with the pain and continue using the blasted walker.

    Tweeker
    Ya Can't Argue With An Idiot

    #2
    Well if that didn't hit home.

    I had my right knee scoped a couple years ago and had an x-ray of my left doc said there isn't anything left to fix arthritis has completely destroyed your left knee I don't even know how you can stand on it.

    I know the MS gait has caused a majority of the problems both with my knees and the sciatica.

    Keep us posted.

    Comment


      #3
      So sorry about you guys with you bad knees. . My knees are ok,
      maybe because I haven't been walking on them much for the last
      3 or 4 years.
      Love, Sally


      "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






      Comment


        #4
        Well to be honest I blew out my left knee some 40 years ago an old sports injury. Back in the days when they opened up your knee. I have 8" long scars on both sides of my left knee.

        Unless my knee cap fell off I would not do any surgeries again. It isn't ever the same and I think if you could immobilize it for a couple of months it would heal. I have been favoring my left knee for 40 years because it could buckle like stepping up a curb crawling up a ladder.

        Comment


          #5
          I wonder if it would do any good to replace my whole leg/legs?
          Love, Sally


          "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






          Comment

          Working...
          X