Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Knee surgery

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Knee surgery

    Hi
    Had total knee replacement Thursday, Dec. 5. Big surprise was no pain. A few ouchiesl but no "gunna mess ya up" pain. Thurs night had a problem hospital staff trying to me as if I'm their new "old guy". Feeble body - feeble brain. Fixed that belittling situation. Therapy began next day, walking about 100 feet twice a day and also experienced a cute machine which manipulates one's knee from 180 degree to 90 for about two hours twice a day, plus do exercises in order to further align new knee.

    Being transferred into separate facility within hospital for a more intense rehab regime. Gunna stay there about two weeks, or until my mouth gets me kicked out. We'll see...
    Tweeker
    Last edited by Tweeker; 12-09-2013, 09:48 AM. Reason: Misspelling
    Ya Can't Argue With An Idiot

    #2
    Congratulations on getting through what's probably the worst part of your ordeal. Two more weeks may seem like a long slog but you'll probably be improving as each day passes.

    Maybe you'll get lucky and have some nicer people working with you for the rest of your stay.

    Hope your recovery is speedy!
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #3
      Yea Tweeker. I went through that 2 week Rehab about 2 years ago,
      after a fall and I actually enjoeven though it was during Thanksgiving,
      It helps if the food is good and the Staff is good. I hope you are as
      blessed as I was.

      Let us know how you are getting along in there.
      Love, Sally


      "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






      Comment


        #4
        Yea Tweeker. I went through that 2 week Rehab about 2 years ago,
        after a fall and I actually enjoyed it, even though it was during
        Thanksgiving, It helps if the food is good and the Staff is good.
        I hope you are as blessed as I was.

        Let us know how you are getting along in there.
        Love, Sally


        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






        Comment


          #5
          Tweeker-

          Glad that that is over and you are rehabbing.:) Word of advice: don't get constipated. Nuff said.
          ANN :)
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

          Comment


            #6
            Glad to hear you're doing well. A friend just had her knee replaced at 73 years old. One of those exercise machines was delivered to her home and attached to the foot of her bed before she came home from the hospital. She had to use it four times a day. It really tired her out but helped enormously in her recovery. Hang in there!

            Comment


              #7
              Sounds like you are already on your way to recovery. Good for you! Hope you continue on and do well after you get home. Just think - no more knee pain.
              Virginia

              Comment

              Working...
              X