Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rehab misnomer

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Rehab misnomer

    Hi

    Naming this facility its Rehab Facility is just a money grab by the religiously based hospital. Far too little rehab takes place here to justify the name. I see as a way the hospital maintains payment from insurance companies. Sounds like a great idea, help surgery patients regain health in a setting that is set up to track one from admittance for surgery to healthy discharge. Phooey.

    Still being singled out and belittled as a 61 man with MS. I have grab belt tied on me all the time, have large yellow arm band, FALL RISK and, my bed is equipped with the alarm system will sound an alarm if I were to exit the bed.

    I have voiced my displeasure to the doctor and the lead RN to no avail. We're it not for my wife's insistance,
    I'd be outta here.
    Tweeker
    Ya Can't Argue With An Idiot

    #2
    Sorry to hear about the situation, Tweeker. I imagine they are saying, "It's for your own good." It's also to comply w their protocols. I am sure they told you this.

    At the NIH, they put suction beside my bed and instructed me on how to use it because of the MS. I was just embarrassed. The dust cover never came off the thing.

    Hoping you will be getting more PT and be home soon.
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

    Comment


      #3
      What you describe is typical of a rehab center. I had the same restrictions the 2 times I was in one, this summer. I don't know how often you see a rehab /physical therapist. I had therapy 3 times a day, early morning, late morning, early afternoon, for 30 minutes each time. By the end of the afternoon therapy I was exhausted. As I became more stable, the bed restrictions were loosened. By the time I was ready to go home, I was free to move about my room...but that took about 10 e . While I didn't like the fact that the bed alarm went off if I so much as sat up on the side of the bed, I was glad that they were being careful to protect my safety.
      ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

      Comment


        #4
        Just do your PT and be a good boy Tweeker.
        We want you back stronger than ever.
        Love, Sally


        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






        Comment


          #5
          Well, Tweeker, you could go on being tough as nails about this--and be like a friend of mine who had to have an ileostomy for ulcerative colitis. After the surgery he was tired of all of the tubes he was connected to, and so he disconnected them all and was just going to leave the place entirely.

          When he got out of bed, he fell flat on his face.

          Terrible things can happen all of a sudden when your condition is unstable.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #6
            Tweeker- that is absolutely disgusting.
            You are being treated like you are by their choice and convenience
            and not for healing and dignity.

            I spent three and one half weeks in one very good rehab and was never subjected to that crup.
            I have also been in others where I left traumatized.
            No doctor or nurse is going to cross the people who sign their paychecks.

            But the time there was an opening in another facility I was so shell shocked
            that I could no longer trust myself to leave the h*ll hole.

            If you have rehab options please investigate them soon.
            You love your wife but she is not you and such insult to yourself
            is terrible.

            I'm a para who lives alone and is a big time fall risk- but that doesn't mean I fall.
            You have options.
            A healthy psyche is important for deep healing.

            My best.
            r

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by SalpalSally View Post
              Just do your PT and be a good boy Tweeker.
              Ugh, I sounded like one of those awful nurses of yours. Didn't mean it that way.
              Sending good wishes for a fast rehab and home where you belong.
              Love, Sally


              "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






              Comment


                #8
                I adore you, Sally.
                Please don't make me eat the broccoli.

                -One Who Flies Over The Cuckoo's Nest

                Comment


                  #9
                  Tweeker, sorry you are going through this. Hope things are getting better. Frankly, I am afraid my attitude would be just like yours. Life can get frustrating at times, but especially when you are unable to change your situation.

                  Good luck!
                  Virginia

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X