Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT January Chit Chat II

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    OT January Chit Chat II

    okay,, correct me if I was wrong, the other one was way to long,,

    So today I went to the doctor,, and he immediately sent me down for a ultra/sound. on my ankles,, that are swollen,, yes I have blood clots, so I am on blood thinners {the shots },,

    Gary quit it ,, us farmers are suppose to be invincible,,giving us a bad name,,lol.. seriously I am glad its not worse,, and you know it could have been,,

    well better go,, later
    Last edited by Pegakafarmgirl; 01-20-2014, 08:03 PM.
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

    Peg

    #2
    Good idea Peg! But it is nice have more people posting.

    I am healing had Dr. appt today he is happy with my thumb. It still looks like hamburger. My blood pressure and MS........not so much. I am VERY reluctant to do 'roids as I have enough problems with healing and not getting infections to make it worse.

    I have to say rthat I have had almost no pain from my thumb. I whacked it on the edge of the counter and that smarted some. O)kay if my daughter want here I would have laid on the floor and cried for a couple of hours. But a nap and some cookies made it better.

    As many folks know we take a family vacation to the Oregon coast every spring break. But not this year............. we are going to Disneyland!!! We are all going down in our motorhome. The grandkids dont know yet. Daughter is making a scavenger hunt and the last clue will be " contuinues at Grandma & Grandpa's farm. I asked her to arrange it so my wife could see the expression on the kids faces. My mom and my sister lives down there so it will be another epic family vacation.

    Not sure who is more excited: Grandma, daughter, grandkids or SIL who has never been anywhere near LA. i told myn wife that we could take a tour of 6th street and Bandini Blvd (LA's skid row) I used to haul freight down there when I was a kid.

    More pics to come.

    Comment


      #3
      "I will gladly pay you Tuesday, for a hamburger today."

      That pops in my head every time I think about that thumb Gary. Please be careful in the future, better yet, maybe just stay away from power tools. Good healing to you!
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        #4
        Woke up to more white stuff and more school closings
        today and here's how I feel about that..f f f f f f f....
        Love, Sally


        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






        Comment


          #5
          Pretty cute Sally. The forecast here is for snow later this evening. I am not sure how long it will last. However, the next three days (at least) will not get above freezing. That means my steps and walk will not thaw out, but will be iced over. Not sure how long I will be in. Got out last night and went to meditation group that meets once a month, but stayed in today. So, including today that could be a pretty long time to stay in alone. Wish I had picked up some groceries to make some soup, but I did not know about this yesterday. When I was out yesterday it was so warm and pretty that I couldn't resist stopping at Goodberry's for a cone of their ice cream. Anyone else hooked on that?

          Peg, really sorry you are still having problems. I don't think blood clots sound too good, but I am thankful they are doing something about it.

          Gary, I am sure the cookies helped your finger. Glad it is coming along well. Wish your MS was. I agree with Howie about the power tools. Maybe you should get another hobby.

          Agate, that was a cute picture of the kitties.

          Jeanie, I hope you are doing well down in sunny Florida. I bet you are laughing at all the rest of us who have snow and cold. However, I can't take your summers. It is bad enough here, but not as bad as there.

          Howie, you expecting to get some of this snow that is coming my way? If not I'll be sure to send you a little of it.

          Renee, hope you are feeling a little better. Come on and let us know how you are. I don't know how you get around in all the snow you have, however I guess everyone there is more prepared. Or maybe you don't get around as much and that might be part of the down you are feeling.

          Gabriella, hope your son got in to help you with things in the house.

          Ann, hope you and future hubby are doing well now that you are rid of the flu.

          Cherie, also hope you are feeling better, and that you are not overdoing.

          I will talk to all of you later.
          Last edited by Virginia; 01-21-2014, 01:52 PM.
          Virginia

          Comment


            #6
            Yes Virginia, it's going to snow.....uh....10 feet.....yeah, THAT'S the ticket. So no use sending snow this way!
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              #7
              Some Florida people might feel that they have their hurricanes to talk about even if they don't have snow....

              Not just to talk about--to run from.

              Peg, that's too bad about the blood clots. Hope something helpful can be done.

              Gary, that seems like good advice about leaving the power tools to someone else. You can stand by in a consulting capacity, maybe?

              Virginia, since you're home for a while, I hope you have some provisions at least, like some canned or dehydrated soups to tide you over?

              Sally, it looks as if a little bit of winter goes a long way for you.

              The weather on the East Coast and Midwest is certainly in the news just now. Nobody seems to be going anywhere by air.

              The cold and snow aren't so good for people like Howie who wear nothing but a thong.

              Those snowflakes on the news look so large that I suspect they're really several snowflakes clinging together. It's snowing sideways in the nation's capital.

              I'll stop this now and leave the weather reporting to those who are in the middle of the weather.

              Stay warm.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #8
                It's snowing now and it's supposed to continue until about 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. Brr.

                They're predicting 4-8".
                Last edited by Frog42; 01-21-2014, 04:48 PM.


                Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                Comment


                  #9
                  :) Hi everyone. It is going to 30 here tonight and colder tomorrow. The Florida cold is a lot worse that the northern cold because it is so damp and it goes right through you. When I was in CT it was 15 degrees and we were out in it for hours and not too cold. 15 here would be too much with the dampness.

                  I am happy we don't get snow as I do not know if my scooter could operate in it. I hope all of you get through the cold without getting the flu or a bad cold. My son came today to put out my trash and recycle and his crew are all sick with the flu. I hope I don't catch it. Coughing is bad enough without adding the flu.

                  I have to go grocery shopping no matter how cold as I have eaten everything in the cupboard. Take care everyone and you cabana boys better give up the thongs for a few days and wear a coat. Jeanie :)
                  Last edited by Jeanie Z; 01-21-2014, 07:21 PM.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Where's Virginia? Tell her that snow she sent got here. Oh, and tell her if she doesn't get here soon, and start cleaning the car, and driveway of snow, I'm sending these cats to straighten things out, and they're in a bad mood! I haven't fed them yet. Now DIG!!!
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Howie, don't send those cats up here unless you don't want them back!


                      Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Too late, they already left. They didn't even say goodbye or where they were headed. So everyone, please keep an eye out for them. It's a big cat carrying a baseball bat, and a skinny little one with a hammer. She is probably the most dangerous.

                        Please send them home, tell them their cat daddy misses them.
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          #13
                          The cats must have made a stop here. One of my cats is sitting in front of the pet door growling, oh no wait false alarm the dog is outside and the cat wont let her back in.

                          I went out to the shop to see if there was any pieces of me laying around. Nothing to report. I did put another coat of urethane on something I was working on. In something like 40 years of power tools this is the first serious mishap I have ever had. Goes to show you when you get tired STOP. What ever you are doing will be there tomorrow. I did order the safety guards for the router. And I am going to build a proper table for it.

                          We are on like week 4 of no sunshine. Just clouds and fog. We are the lowest part of the Treasure Valley which includes Boise. The temps at elevations of 3,000+ are warmer and clear skies. This usually happens at least once during winter but not for as long as this. The frost builds up on the power lines to where they are a foot across and they droop down, the trees look like they have been flocked. The dog and the cats hate to go under them as it rains down ice pellets and they get all wet.

                          Just saw a report saying that the average age of doctors in Idaho is 62. Legislature wants to do something about it......as long as it doesn't cost anything or make ANY changes to the way we have always done things.

                          Gotta wonder about Toronto mayor..... his best bet is to chain himself to the couch and never go outside after suppertime seems like that is when he gets into the most trouble.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Oophs Howie, I sent it all your way - or at least most of it. There is hardly any at all here. The streets are clear and I could have gone out, but it was just plain too cold. Glad the cats went in the opposite direction to Frog. I would hate to meet up with a cat with a hammer and one with a baseball bat. That could be dangerous.

                            Agate, I am good on food until I think I can take the cold and give in and get out. I had a can of soup and a grilled cheese tonight. Not bad on a cold winter's night. There were a few other things I could have chosen from, but this was easy and good.

                            Gary, glad you are getting the router all anchored down. Maybe you will not get bitten again. If the average age of Doctors there is 62, then at what age do they retire? You guys may be in for a shortage of Doctors. I think you have a good idea about the mayor of Toronto. He has opened his mouth while his foot was in it quite a lot lately.

                            There are several people that usually check in that we have not heard from today. Hope they are not having problems with snow and ice or the extreme cold. It is supposed to get down to 17 degrees here tonight. I have my fireplace on. I heat with heating pump, but the fireplace is gas logs and they are propane. I just heard tonight that there is a shortage of propane. Guess I better go easy with how much I burn it.

                            Think I will go sit by the fire and watch a movie I recorded or read. Howie, do not send that snow back this way!!!!!
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Oh, I wouldn't think of it.

                              Professor, is your snow machine ready? Good! Point that sucker at NC!
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X