We are probably all that way. I can't be this old.....but somehow, I made it.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
OT January Chit Chat II
Collapse
X
-
Sally, you know the saying: "You're only as old as you feel."
There's a woman who is over 90 in this building, and she seems so lively and agile that it's hard to believe her when she tells you her age. She's still interested in everything and running around.
Anyway, many things improve with age, like some cheeses and wines!
Cherie, I'm so sorry about your father. It's painful to lose a parent and sad to watch a loved one failing.
Nice to hear from you, Lorraine! No need to make yourself scarce--most of us don't bite though I can't vouch for one of Howie's cats. The other one is said to be harmless.Last edited by agate; 01-27-2014, 12:24 PM.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
I didn't get on yesterday and missed Sally's birthday. Glad you had a nice day Sally.
Lorraine, it is always so good to see you. As Agate says the only one that bites is Howie's cats and I think Gary has some that join in once in awhile.
Joan, good to see you back on. Thanks for the info on the software. I have not tried one of those and have not looked at any. It would be a nice thing to have when needed.
Agate, thanks for letting us know about Sally's birthday. I would like to be like the 90 year old in your building, but not sure I can make that and be running around. Unfortunately, I am not really running around much even now.
Cherie, so sorry to hear about your Dad. I am glad you have sisters in that area, otherwise you would be constantly on the road. I know one of those sisters is sick herself if I remember correctly. It is very hard to be away when a loved one is sick.
Gabriella grief and stress also cause cognition problems, so as time goes by you might get a lot better in that area.
Jeanie, hope you are doing well.Virginia
Comment
-
I know what you're talking about regarding age. As a young child, I was 32. Stayed that way till about 35 then gradually aged. But I haven't passed 45 mentally even though I'm past 60.
Re-read all of the prescribing information on Dad's meds this afternoon after work. Called the Oncologists office and had a long talk with the Pharmacist. She said his weight loss and loss of appetite and nausea and fainting could all be related to the oral chemo but it could be related to the Namenda and Aricept he's taking to prevent more memory loss. She said he has been getting more anemic with each visit and they may need to revisit the chemo and it's time for us to revist the quality vs quantity issue. Lots of time on the phone today with both parents and a couple sibs doing just that. Thanks for the understanding and support
Comment
-
Totally of topic here, but oh what I'd give to bee able to do this at any age!
Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
Comment
-
Well it looks like a major weather change is about to happen. We have been under a high pressure center which is causing the polar vortex dragging the cold clear down to the southern states. For us we have not seen the sun in 20+ days not even a momentary break in the clouds. It is really depressing. Along with no sun there is no moisture AT ALL. The west is in what is being called the 100 year drought. We have a substantial agriculture business which depends on irrigation. If we do not have several feet of snow in the mountains we will not have enough snow melt to replenish the reservoirs. Needless to say we are way behind.
Cherie I can understand your concern with your folks having had the same situation with my dad and now my mom. No easy answers. And no matter what you do it doesn't seem enough or even the right thing..........
NH I love the video. I cant even walk across the room at a fast pace much less dance even before MS. I wrote the book on two left feet.
My thumb is healing. I have ordered safety guards for power equipment. But after 40 some years running power tools of all sizes and types this is the first major boo boo. I recognize that MS has affected my ability to do some of the things (okay a LOT of the things) that I used to do without thinking. I don't feel that I need to retire to the recliner for good. But I do limit my time puttering around to a couple of hours at a time. And hard as it is to do, when I feel tired I quit. When I built the new shop I built all the benches so that I can sit at a stool and work. I even converted an old kitchen table to be able to do layout and design work as well as a pantograph system all while sitting down.
I know that the day will come that I will not be able to do anything in any of my shops so I am determined to enjoy it while I can.
After my argument with the router it triggered a flare. Which I sorta expected. But it seems to have settled down without any 'roids I might add.
Howie I thought of you yesterday. My neighbor stopped by and as we were talking one after another of my cats came out to see what we were doing (an if there might be some kitty treats around) we have a number of half wild barn cats as well as some pets, my neighbor said it was like a Twilight Zone show and wondered if he should be scared. Oh if he only knew.........
We have a program that only charges a small fee to neuter and spay wild cats if you trap them and bring them in cages. As we live only 7 miles from town we are a dumping place for cats. I don't have the heart to let them starve or shoot them so I get them fixed and buy cat food in 30 lbs bags. You can tell if I need to fill the dish as they all sit by the patio door and look in, giving me the evil eye. As well as hanging around the dairy barn waiting for the waste milk. So between that and the cat food they all look like beer kegs with legs.
Stay healthy everyone.
Comment
-
Hi Gary! I'm glad that paw is healing well, and a great idea about using the guards. They seem in the way, until you have an accident.
And I love what you are doing with the stray cats. They are such great pets, such great companions. My sister has a farm, and it's the same story as you. She has an outdoor group of cats that she feeds, and an indoor group that are pets. She also has a potbellied pig, a turtle, and other assorted critters. Farm people, what are we gonna do with 'em?
So a big, MEEEEOW! for you!
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
Hello Chatters! I know that looks like I have energy but I don't and it would take more energy to change it.
I just want you to know that I am "here" and that I am reading and I care.
After the UTI and a month of Bronchitis, I have had bad fatigue and now glossopharyngeal neuralgia on top of my usual TN.
I am already on Tegretol and Nortriptyline for the TN and now have Neurontin to add on. None of this helps fatigue.
DH2B
(PizzaGuy), is doing the cooking and even taking care of the kids (2 cats).
I wish you all well.
ANNThere comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK
Comment
-
Hi Ann, I had wondered about you, but just kind of assumed you were doing well now and that you were busy. Sorry it has been the other way around. I hope things begin to look up soon. Maybe you should try a little chocolate
, although it might take a lot. Try to keep us posted as to how you are.
Jeanie, I am also sorry you are feeling fatigued. Sometimes, that just seems to be my middle name.
Joan, I absolutely loved the video. That was some of the best shagging I have seen in quite some time. I use to shag a lot. After I lost my hubby, I started taking lessons and finally got decent at it. I had a dance partner back then. He liked to ballroom dance, but I got him to take some shag lessons and now he is still dancing and the shag is all he wants to do. It was so popular here in the South. An awful lot of us would go to the beach twice a year just for three days of shagging. Oh, if only I could do that now. It would be so great. I can guarantee it would clear away all my depression.
Gary, you have finally confessed that some of your cats are scary - just like Howie's. Glad to hear your thumb is healing.
Guess I better go find out what is in store for us weather wise. I have been busy and haven't checked today. I do know that it has not started snowing here yet. I can tell that from looking out the window.Virginia
Comment
-
Last edited by SalpalSally; 01-29-2014, 10:08 AM.Love, Sally
"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost
Comment
-
Us dang Southerners iz ah freezin'!!! I dun had ta put on ma regular par of underwear over ma thong. An tha cats iz shaggin' ta stay warm. Look at dem cats shag!
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
Speaking as a former southroner, I'd say yawl is a lot of hothouse plants. Little dab of snow sends you right around the bend.
Jes pick up that shovel and git to work. Hit ain't going to melt in a hurry, most likely.
No, that's not a snow shovel. That's a rake. My sakes.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
My choice for winner of the Super Bowl Ads 2014!!!
Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...Love, Sally
"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost
Comment

Comment