Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorta OT - Summer TV

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sorta OT - Summer TV

    We chronically ill, since we can't go out in this heat, watch a lot
    of TV. The summer used to be the worst TV season, but now I
    like the summer season better than the Fall season!!! I watched
    Steven Spielburgs new series encore of "Extant", last night and
    loved it and then we have his "Falling Skies", "Murder in the first",
    "Cold Justice", "The Last Ship" and many more.......

    What is your Favorite show this summer?
    Love, Sally


    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost







    #2
    Well, I don't know if these are "Summer" shows, but my favorites in general are Finding Bigfoot, any ghost or UFO shows, and the many cooking shows.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      #3
      I'm getting only PBS nowadays and never did get on the cable bandwagon--so I've lost track of what is on. I do get whole seasons of some shows as rental DVDs through the library. I've watched "Mad Men," and am working my way through "Treme" and "The Wire." I also watched some older PBS shows I mostly missed the first time around: "Foyle's War," "Danger UXB," "Doc Martin."
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #4
        Doc Martin? That was really about me, Doc Howie. The royalties are awesome.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Howie View Post
          Doc Martin? That was really about me, Doc Howie. The royalties are awesome.
          Who knew? I never realized you lived in a small English town called Portwenn. Somehow I thought you were in a different location. Under the sea?
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #6
            Well yes....under the sea....off the coast of England, yep, that was me!
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              #7
              a lot of HGTV,, Criminal Minds,,Pawn Stars,,American Pickers,,, what ever trips my trigger..
              " Don't outsmart your common sense"

              Peg

              Comment


                #8
                I only have an outdoor antenna....

                The thing is, I get five public television stations. Most people with cable get only two. S I just use that. We like "Doc Martin".....
                Linda~~~~

                Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                Comment


                  #9
                  :) Hi everyone. I like Big Bang Theory, the Bachelorette, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, and Millionaire. I like game shows, several PBS shows like Antiques Roadshow. I like America's Got Talent, and the other talent shows.

                  I do not like anything scary or with guns, murders, suspense or scifi. I seldom watch movies but if I do it has to have a happy ending. I get nightmares if I watch crime shows. I even turn away on some of the previews they show that are scary.

                  I have the new indoor antenna that rotates my son installed recently so I only get the local channels. I have a lot of games on my computer and I play them instead of TV a lot of the time. I also like football and baseball and watch them when they are on. I love tennis but it is seldom on.

                  I have two small TV's side by side in my computer room and can watch baseball and AGT at the same time. I do miss David a lot and having another adult to converse with. I enjoyed watching the Carol Burnett award show last night on PBS. They showed some of her best clips over the years. Her Scarlet O'Hara drapery dress is now in the Smithsonian. Jeanie :)
                  Last edited by Jeanie Z; 07-12-2014, 11:24 AM. Reason: typo

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Yes, it's time to breath deeply, and RELAX.

                    This weekend is just flying by, as it always does. It doesn't matter for me, but for those who still work. And all the folks who you see, who use the MS drugs, the weekend is sort of
                    a downtime. So don't let me, no not a bit, disturb you and your rest...THAT WOULD BE THE LAST THIS ON MY MIND!!!
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #11
                      There he goes again. Do sponges ever wring themselves out and hang themselves up to dry?

                      Some people--me for one--get wiped out by hot weather and do as little as possible. If this place isn't jumping right now, the weather might have something to do with it.

                      Edited to add: Maybe people don't look at Howie's Profile and don't know that he thinks he's SpongeBob.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Do I look worried about you Howie?
                        Love, Sally


                        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                        Comment


                          #13
                          Hoooooooooooowee Peewee! I went to sleep HOURS ago. I can't believe what time it is here. Guess I need to keep on sleeping, I'll bet I won't be able to zzzz...zzzz...zzzz..........
                          Attached Files
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I stick to PBS and dvds from my library which has a terrific collection and
                            a librarian who likes suggestions.

                            John Malkovich is a complicated and evil Blackbeard. He was always a little pervy.
                            I look at him and consider that is what men my age look like- the weirdos.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Hey, I resemble that remark!!!
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X