Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MS & Throwback Thursday!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    The image is oversized but not by much. If you have access to some photo editing--Photobucket provides it--you can resize an image but you do have to play around with it a bit to get it to look OK.

    Because it's only about 17.5KB too big, resizing it shouldn't be hard.

    But Howie, you were posting photos here back when I had absolutely no idea how to do that. You probably know all of this already.
    Last edited by agate; 07-25-2014, 12:20 PM.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #32
      Those were back in my WebTV days. I really miss it, SO simple. I'm still learning this laptop, and am learning slowly.

      The Ghia picture was on Jess's MS forum, and Jess shrunk it down, and sent the http to me, then I posted it on her pictures forum. I have no idea how to shrink it in size, or anything. That's why I couldn't post it as my avatar here. But some day....and a new camera.....look out!!!
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        #33
        Let's see if this worked.

        ghia.jpg

        When I have more time I'll figure out how you can download it.

        Howie, do you have a Photobucket account? I can probably just make it public and you can take it from there I assume.
        Last edited by Frog42; 07-24-2014, 06:20 AM.


        Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

        Comment


          #34
          Ah Vicky, you brought a tear to my eye!!! Ain't she pretty? But here's another of just me, and my girl Seven. Both are on a photobucket account, but it's not mine. I can give you the http thingy for either one.

          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

          Albert Einstein

          Comment


            #35
            Let's see if this works, Howie. Try Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

            Or you can send me the "http thingy" if putting it there will make it easier for you to get to it.
            Last edited by Frog42; 07-24-2014, 04:43 PM.


            Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

            Comment


              #36
              Thanks Vicky, but it won't accept it. Gives the message, "invalid file". Guess I'll just have to buy that blue Ghia. Thank you for trying!
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                #37
                Howie, if you right-click on the smaller image of Pinky in Vicky's post and choose Save image as, you should be taken to the place in your computer where you store images. Put it there, and then go to Edit Avatar in your Settings.

                Select the second option (Upload image from your computer), and you'll again be taken to that place in your computer where images are saved. Usually it's called My Pictures. I have an older computer, and now it might be called something else though.

                Choose that Pinky image you just saved, and click on Save Changes at the bottom right,and you should have your Pinky avatar.

                Just to show it can be done, I've now got a Pinky avatar. I'm going to change it right back because I don't want a Pinky avatar. It was only a test.
                Last edited by agate; 07-24-2014, 05:29 PM. Reason: adding information
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #38
                  You don't want a Pinky avatar? Well I swear!

                  I click on the small image, and don't see anything you mentioned. It's probably me. I just don't understand any of it yet.
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    #39
                    I thought I changed "click" to "right-click" but you may not be seeing that change yet. My apologies.

                    If you right-click on the smaller image that Vicky posted, you should see a drop-down menu with a bunch of options. The option to choose is "Save image as."
                    Last edited by agate; 07-24-2014, 05:35 PM.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      I had the option to save in pictures folder which I did.

                      That's all I can do with it, I'm all used up. Thanks for trying. You too Vicky. Maybe I can figure it out tomorrow.
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Howie, you just click on Settings and then Modify Profile Picture. You can specify the URL or upload one from your computer. Don't be so lazy!


                        Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                        Comment


                          #42
                          That's old news, I quit trying. Life is too short!
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Okay I'm giving up!

                            Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...


                            Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Well I never..........

                              Okay, let me ask you this......if I'm doing it wrong, and don't know what I'm supposed to do, how did I get the blue Ghia as an avatar??? Huh, huh, answer me THAT!!!!
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment


                                #45
                                It shows you can get it done and you're just being lazy!!!!


                                Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X