Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am back

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I am back

    I recognize many names here from over ten years ago, the former Braintalk community by John Lester. I did so well for years, no DMDs after 2004, no attacks.

    Until a few months ago. My legs, arm, hand are in the worst flare since my first attack in 1998. I really had thought the MS had burned itself out. Took up surfing, lap swimming, by doing Swank, resting 1-2 hours day, low stress.

    And now, wham!

    I hope to catch up and read up on everyone. I also joined up Neurotalk again. While I await auth for an MRI by BCBS ( which stands for bull crap bull ****, right? )

    #2
    Welcome back.
    Sorry to hear that you are relapsing. I always think of you swimming. I hope this flare is a short one.
    Best to you,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

    Comment


      #3
      Welcome home. I also think of you swimming and doing laps in the pool all the time. Hope things settle down for you MS wise. Hang around and get to know all of us all over again.
      Virginia

      Comment


        #4
        Thanks guys! I remember you both too :) with this attack, I still swim the laps, but skip a day or two each week. When the weather and pool temp come down here in Florida, hope to get back to never skipping. Still surfing weekends, but am choosier about which wave Is worth grinding down the legs on ;)

        What's with the censoring?! I don't recall Braintalk as approving messages prior to posting, and putting asterisks in words?

        Comment


          #5
          They've always censored wordy dirds BBS...LM-***-OFF
          Love, Sally


          "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






          Comment


            #6
            Speak up Sally, I didn't hear that!

            Welcome back BBS!
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              #7
              Yes you did ***!!!
              Last edited by SalpalSally; 09-11-2014, 02:31 PM.
              Love, Sally


              "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






              Comment


                #8
                Welcome back... I'm not in here as often as I was in the beginning, but I still check in randomly.
                s
                Jendie
                I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

                Comment


                  #9
                  Welcome home. Sorry to hear about your relapse. I, too, am still in the pool regularly but getting a lot of exercise in a job I began a couple of years ago. Still on SSDI so work is part time (but not today!). Are you back on a DMT to knock this down?

                  As far as the censoring, BT was hacked not long ago and the mods and owners are finding a lot of stuff where it doesn't belong and have put security measures into place. They're still cleaning up from it.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Welcome back home! One of the reasons I left 'that other site' was because of the censoring. Its great to see you posting but sorry that a relapse brought you back. Please join in on the Chit Chat thread! Your name on BT is one that I have always remembered.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Hacking Braintalk, geesh!

                      No DMT. Watchful waiting. And waiting for BCBS, also known as BullCrap and Bull Sh$t , to auth an MRI. Back on the medical train, chooochoo!

                      Surfing has saved my life and I will be Dam@ed to give it up! Tomorrow will be a delicious surf day...

                      Comment


                        #12
                        BBS1951, you see you were able to say everything you wanted to say. You just got to know how to do it.

                        I can hardly stand the thought of dealing with the insurance companies or the drug companies anymore. I have done it so much the thought of it makes me want to just crawl in a hole. Hope you get all this straight soon.
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                          BBS1951, you see you were able to say everything you wanted to say. You just got to know how to do it.

                          I can hardly stand the thought of dealing with the insurance companies or the drug companies anymore. I have done it so much the thought of it makes me want to just crawl in a hole. Hope you get all this straight soon.
                          My sentiments exactly. I even worked for an Insurance Co...LOL
                          Love, Sally


                          "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                          Comment


                            #14
                            zzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz zz huh....what....I just woke up from a GREAT sleep, and my littlest cat was curled up in my armpit. Now I'm back in my living room, on my "TV watching twin bed", and both cats are lying RIGHT against me. I've said it once, I'll say it again, I LOVE CATS!
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Still waiting for authorization for MRI from BCBS. Geesh. Over two weeks now. And that policy is not cheap.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X