Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with part D

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    :) I'm glad to see you back Ann. Congratulations to you both.

    Right after my ex and I separated after 27 years I had a severe attack in 1987. I applied for disability and was turned down. I was blind at the time and somehow the 60 days to resubmit did not register when it was read to me. In all I applied 11 times and even had a lawyer and went before the judge and never got it.

    From 1987 to 1991 my ex gave me money for those four years. In 1991 we divorced and I got the house and permanent alimony. My ex has been a good friend and helped me several times when I had a rough time. In 2001 when I was 62 I began drawing regular Social Security. For 10 years I had no insurance and had to pay medical bills.

    I had the local head of SS come and speak to our MS group. When I told her about my case she said, well unfortunately some people fall through the cracks. It sucked! Jeanie :)

    Comment


      #32
      Fall through the cracks.
      I hate that phrase- a big cop out of responsibility.

      It's nice to have your ex be a good friend.

      Comment


        #33
        Jeanie, that's awful. How could they turn you down 11 times???

        Agate, you said, "now that you're a matron." I believe that I am a bride for a year!

        ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          #34
          I was denied drug copay assistance because we own three investment properties (our pension plan...paid off rents coming in). I don't make too much but own too many assets. It stinks. The system is worse for so many that I have talked to since ACA went into effect.

          Comment


            #35
            I think I panicked for nothing. I reread the letter I got, and the changes are for Medicare D. I'm on MEDICAID. I've read it several times, and I'll stay just like I am. I got paid today, got just beer at the store, but tomorrow I will go grocery shopping. Life is good again!
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              #36
              It's so easy to misread things, especially when it's written in insurance or government terms.

              Comment


                #37
                Got my final rejection notice from the last major drug company. I applied to needy meds and my-meds and the $33.32 got me. I did have a good conversation with one of them as it turned out he was originally from Idaho one town over from us. Basically he told me that once Medicare denies you for being over the federal poverty guidelines no one want to touch you. Most of them are non-profit or work with government grants. And if they get caught helping someone who is over the guidelines it can cause a landslide of bad things. They cutoff their funding and can loose their tax exempt status.

                So it is what it is.

                Edited to add:
                Lady at Social Security told me I made too much when I was working and that is why I am over the limit now. WTH? I made a sarcastic comment about getting a divorce and taking my name off the farm. I was informed that wont help as once you are over the guidelines it is all over and and help that you DO receive will cause you monthly check to be deducted by that amount. I was also told to be very careful as the policy is now to stop ALL of your check while it is being investigated.
                Last edited by Gary; 11-02-2014, 02:43 PM.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Gary's situation is a cautionary tale for us all....we need to make sure we know the numbers ....
                  Linda~~~~

                  Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Gary, you might want to check out the information you were given, particularly this:

                    I was also told to be very careful as the policy is now to stop ALL of your check while it is being investigated.
                    Sometimes people are misinformed. That sounds pretty harsh to me.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Gary,

                      Have you checked WalMart and Walgreens retail prescription programs drug list? You may have other retailers in your area that supply many generic drugs for $4 per month or $10 for 90 days.

                      Also you might find Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... helpful. Check their list of drugs to see if any of your drugs are there. I save $245 per month on Cymbalta through them. RXOutreach takes no insurance at all and they will allow you to be in the program if you have Medicare. Most funds do not. 1-800-769-3880.

                      Assistance Fund helps me pay my Humana Advantage premium. 1-855-845-3663. I qualify with SSDI and my husband's income. They may be able to help you.

                      I received a letter this week that Good Days from CDF is no longer funded (becoming more prevalent) but they sent me two possibilities:
                      Patient Access Network Foundation 1-866-316-7263 Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                      Health Well Foundation 1-800-675-8416 Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                      I hope you find renters and I also hope this resolves soon. I know what it's like to be denied prescriptions that you need to stay on your feet. I hope this helps in some small way. Best to you.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        JTwin has given you great advice. In an early post in this thread I had suggested searching Costco for the same reason. Many friends have been able to search out meds offered at drastically lower prices in these ways. I think I even saw a 60minutes segment on it.
                        Linda~~~~

                        Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Check to see if any memberships you have might also offer prescription discounts. Are you over 50? AARP card at Walgreens is almost like a loyalty card. And don't forget any other senior discounts that stores might offer (usually have to ask). Even thrift stores have senior savings days. Remember "a penny saved is a penny earned." What you are able to save on something else can help you on your prescriptions.
                          [By the way, I'm terrible at taking my own advice. I miss many opportunities. But I do have my AARP card registered at Walgreens]

                          Comment


                            #43
                            JTwin, it's nice to see a post from you again!

                            Most previous posts aren't available on BrainTalk just now (they're working on it) and so people might not realize that you were a quite active member of this board for a number of years.

                            Anyway, welcome back!
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Thank you, agate. It's always nice to see everyone.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                I got voice messages today from both neurologist and primary care today that Rebif and my sleep med that are not in formulary for Medicare have been preauthorized. I will still have copays that are not little but at least I won't have to fight for the med.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X