Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything help your MS?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Martha Stewart has the recipe for you!

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...


    Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

    Comment


      #17
      I'm not a big sweets fan, but those look good! Add a cup of coffee, preferably with French Vanilla Creamer. Mmmmmmmmmm.......
      Last edited by Howie; 01-06-2015, 01:27 PM.
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        #18
        I think the Swank Diet has helped me. It's essentially a low saturated fat diet, no red meat. I eat plenty of non fat dairy, fish, fruit, veggies. No processed food. I had been lax starting in May, after Swanking for about 13 years. Due to bad dental problem, could only eat soft foods for months, so I began to eat a lot of cheese. Within a month I had my first major attack since 1998,

        I didn't put two and two together until about 6-8 weeks ago. Stopped all cheese at that point.

        Swimming and keeping stress low, resting 1-2 hours daily and early to bed may also help me fight MS.

        I stopped DMD in 2004. My neuro started me on Vit D, B12, B6, Carnitine,Ubiquinol, Biotin,Magnesium. 4 months ago.

        Comment


          #19
          Oh Vicky, you are going to get me in trouble with Cat - I don't think chocolate is on the outer perimeter of the grocery store!
          Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

          Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

          Comment


            #20
            I have been on interferons for most of 14 years and strongly believe in them for me. I came off them and went on Copaxone for 6 months and saw a big decline, so then went back on Rebif.

            In addition, I do take vitamin D3, magnesium, and omega 3s. I believe there is enough evidence to support taking these because they are good for you even if you do not have MS.

            Have I progressed? Yes, but still I keep remembering where I was and where I appeared to be heading before the interferons. I'll take my chances fighting, if given a choice, but that is what we are all about - we all have our own choices.
            Last edited by Virginia; 01-06-2015, 05:50 PM.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #21
              Deleted, due to double post
              Last edited by Virginia; 01-06-2015, 05:54 PM.
              Virginia

              Comment


                #22
                Learn what you can get away with in spite of the MS and keep in mind that you have those limits. They are probably always going to be there though of course you'll press your luck and do too much--and regret it.

                I don't think I'd have learned this well enough if I hadn't been very isolated when MS came along and from then on. I don't mean to suggest that everyone with MS should shut themselves off from people but if you happen to find that you're all alone with your MS, that's not always as bad a deal as you might think.

                At least when you're alone, you're free of distractions and you're much more aware of the warning signs-- hands going out of control, an eye starting to blur, some part of you doing something weird. If I'd had people around me, I'd have ignored those little things, tried to cover them up. We try to please other people by not having problems and by not being a problem, I think, and we don't let them know when we're getting too tired or when part of our body isn't working right.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by SuzE-Q View Post
                  Oh Vicky, you are going to get me in trouble with Cat - I don't think chocolate is on the outer perimeter of the grocery store!
                  If you consider the area around the checkouts as the outer perimeter I think you are safe. There's usually chocolate there.
                  But probably you should avoid shopping towards the front of the store. That area is a trap.
                  Last edited by Parsi; 01-06-2015, 10:09 PM.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    But that's where my cheesecake is!!! I'll have to think about this.
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by SuzE-Q View Post
                      Oh Vicky, you are going to get me in trouble with Cat - I don't think chocolate is on the outer perimeter of the grocery store!
                      Won't get in trouble here! gourmet chocolate (expensive, thought) is in neat little boxes near my deli section. Those wontons look awesome. Copied down THAT recipe! :)
                      ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

                      Comment


                        #26
                        I agree, dark chocolate is good for everyone, and maybe if I fried them in something like grapeseed oil, it wouldn't be sooo bad.

                        Howie, I think if your cheesecake is made with low fat creamcheese, it might be ok too...in moderation! I don't think it would be doctor approved for me to have chocolate wontons for dinner, even if they are made from dark chocolate!

                        We gotta have some treats too, right?
                        Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                        Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Changing my diet has really helped minimize a lot of the symptoms. I think I am sensitive to some glutens and most dairy and I am less fatigued, have much less pain and more energy since I made significant changes over the course of a few years. Making the changes over time and seeing what works for you and what doesn't really helps you keep on track, I think. Finding a therapy that works and being consistent with it, IMO, is pretty important.

                          As far as supplements...I take D but honestly feel no differently on it than off it. I don't see where the dosing has any effect on symptoms even when I went from 1000 IU daily to 6000 IU daily. Calcium, of course at this age and in the aftermath of steroids is a must for bone health. Milk Thistle really helps keep my liver healthy while on Interferons. Fish oil helps keep cholesterol and triglycerides where they need to be. I have never taken a supplement (other than Milk Thistle) that seems to help the MS specifically and the only reason that needs to be on Board is because of what interferons do to my liver otherwise.

                          Oh...Exercise really dopes help with increased energy, balance, muscle tone and more.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Rest and not over doing it. And something to occupy my mind instead of thinking about MS.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X