Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT part II Chit Chat,,

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    OT part II Chit Chat,,

    man we are a talkative bunch,, George Clooney, food ,the best baking potato,{I am in agreement with Cat,, russets,},,

    cold in Iowa but heck, its winter,, we have hogs coming in this weekend, to our butcher shop,, so a busy few days ahead of us,,

    pouring over the seed catalogs, for the garden, and greenhouse,,

    Sam is fine she is the best,,,{my Springer Spaniel}
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

    Peg

    #2
    Can we just leave one Chit Chat per month, pretty please!!!!!!
    Love, Sally


    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by SalpalSally View Post
      Can we just leave one Chit Chat per month, pretty please!!!!!!
      I second that, Sally. There's no need for a second one.


      Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

      Comment


        #4
        It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. Whatever happens, I think we owe Peg a vote of appreciation for coming in here and starting a monthly thread promptly every month, and if she can't make it, she asks someone else to do it.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #5
          The ChitChat threads have become the lifeblood of this forum, Peg. They hold the forum members together and provide a great foundation.

          This forum would not be as rich as it is without them.

          Thanks, Peg!
          Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

          Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

          Comment


            #6
            Thanks so much Peg..
            Love, Sally


            "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






            Comment


              #7
              :) Peg I love you as a person but I HATE having 2 chit chats in a month. We are not even half way through January. I appreciate you starting the month off but I don't appreciate it when you start the second one.

              The Chit Chat thread is the life blood of this board and we all like reading and posting there. With the ability to go to the last post by just a click we don't need the second one. Jeanie :)

              Comment


                #8
                Peg, you know I love you, and I just made that post to democratically show you, we don't need the Chat 2 post. You can always start the check-in post each month as far as I'm concerned, but most agree that's enough, no second post each month needed. Our Sam's would want it that way. Hugs to you.
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  #9
                  COLD WEATHER PLUMBING QUESTION

                  You are better than Ask Jeeves.

                  Q: Last night it was -15 f, no hot water! cold yes.
                  Good flow of hot water returned next day-
                  are my hotwater pipes ok?

                  What I mean is…..do I have to call Larry, Darryl and Darryl,
                  the maintenance/homewrecker guys?

                  Please say I don't have to and please be honest.

                  Thank you.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    You MAY need just the heating element replaced. It may be $10-$15 at a hardware store. That's all that makes the water hot. You DO have to drain the tank, and cut off the water supply while putting it in, but after that, it's a 5 minute job.
                    Last edited by Howie; 01-14-2015, 11:08 PM.
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Thank you Mr. Howie

                      So you think the heat element was damaged before the cold or was damaged by the cold?

                      Will I have to see the bad janitors or can they do it all from their
                      brick monkeyhouse attached to my building?

                      Larry is cool but Darryl and Darryl are coasting by with a lot
                      of undeserved union job security.

                      Tanx, mon.
                      People don't think about this stuff in FLORIDA.

                      BWA-HA hahahaha…cackle.
                      Last edited by renee; 01-14-2015, 11:50 PM. Reason: bug off.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        The heat element can just fail, no connection to the weather. Where is your water tank? To fix it they have to have access to it. Does your apartment have its iown tank, or is it shared with others?
                        ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

                        Comment


                          #13
                          My last water heater fried the heating element because the guy that owns the property turned the well off to do something. This was at the exact time I took a hot bath, so the HW heating element was on, with no water in the tank, and fried everything. My new tank works great, and I learned a lesson.
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Cat and Cabana king, I have my own apartment water heater in the brick utility monkey shack attached
                            to my building. L, D and D have keys.

                            Ohh it is going to be another chilly one tonight.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Renee, you need a few cats to keep you warm. Mine get right under the covers with me, but you do have to feed them. Darn cats!
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X