Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do you sleep?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    How much do you sleep?

    I was wondering how much folks here sleep? Do you nap and actually sleep? Or do you doze in the recliner a good part of the day?

    #2
    I have the worse insomnia, ever since I had steroids,I have trouble sleeping at night, catnaps is what I do,, also Advil PM,, helps,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

    Peg

    Comment


      #3
      About 9 hours in 24. 8 hours at night but it's interrupted by bathroom trips. I always take a nap in the afternoon after lunch for about an hour. If I don't do that I'm nodding off in the late afternoon or early evening. I really believe in sleep.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #4
        I'm in "sleep mode" these days. I slept 12 hours last night. I try not to nap, but even had one of those the other day.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          #5
          How does that song go.."I sleep 8 hrs n work 8 hrs and leave 8 hrs for play"
          That's the young, normal, sans MS me.

          A normal day for me now is...I'm up in the morn.from 10am to 3pm,
          nap(in n out) 3pm to 6/7pm, up till midnight-1am, and sleep 6/7 hrs
          at night. So, I sleep 10 n work 2 hrs n leave 12 hrs for play...give or
          take.

          The truth is, Gary, I'm in n out of sleep, whenever. The longest period
          I've stayed asleep is about 3-4 hrs.
          Last edited by SalpalSally; 03-03-2015, 07:34 AM.
          Love, Sally


          "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






          Comment


            #6
            Good question. All sorts of symptoms are related to sleep

            My husband has sleep apnea...they discovered he stops breathing 12 times each hour. They say that led to the two episodes of flash edema that almost killed him last year. He is having trouble getting used to the cpap and there has been little improvement. He is one stubborn guy and the only thing that might force him to behave is the need to order seeds and plan the farm for this year.
            Linda~~~~

            Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

            Comment


              #7
              Far too much.

              My night and day sleep are inverted many days a week.
              When I wake up from any kind of nap or sleep, I am in a stupor for easily an hour.

              Given its' druthers my body will sleep a long time and stay up 20 hours.
              Yup, it's very weird.

              I wonder if medicinal MJ could straighten me out.

              Comment


                #8
                Ten hours. I go to bed at 10 PM and am tight and spasmy. I read and listen to classical music or jazz. Lights are out, usually, by midnight.

                I get up at 10 or 10:30 AM. I feel great then but am not ready for the outside world until afternoon. All of my appointments are afternoon appointments, if possible.
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                Comment


                  #9
                  Renee, the Medical MJ is MJ oil. It doesn't give you a buzz. But MANY states have made "recreational" use of MJ legal.
                  Last edited by Howie; 03-03-2015, 06:09 AM.
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I'm exactly like renee, she described exactly the same sleep pattern that I experience too.
                    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                    Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                    Comment


                      #11
                      to bed by 11 or 11 30 and up by 8 or 8:30. Never nap unless I am sick. Still weaning off sleep meds that I have been on for more than 15 years. Down to an occasional sleeping pill and 2mg ativan every night.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        If I am lucky I get 4 hours of interrupted sleep at night, cramps keep me up or wake me if I am asleep . I never nap so I am somewhat sleep deprived.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Snack, I used to get horrible leg cramps when I was a kid, but it was from going 100mph all the time. Running, biking, swimming. I sure could used some of that energy now.

                          Join in more often. We are a great, helpful group. No one bites....except maybe Sally.
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I usually go to bed at about 10 pm, read until 11, then sleep until about 7:30... usually interrupted at least once to go pee.
                            s
                            Jendie
                            I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by snack View Post
                              If I am lucky I get 4 hours of interrupted sleep at night, cramps keep me up or wake me if I am asleep . I never nap so I am somewhat sleep deprived.
                              That about sums up my situation.

                              Welcome to BT Snack and don't worry about Sally it practically never leaves marks!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X