Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet Another Med we may need to Think Twice About

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Yet Another Med we may need to Think Twice About

    Tylenol or Acetaminophen. ..may be even more problematic than originally thought. Researchers found a:

    ...consistent dose-response relationship between acetaminophen use at standard doses and the kind of adverse events that are typically associated with other NSAIDs, including incidence of mortality and cardiovascular, gastrointestinal and renal adverse events.
    Much more at:

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    Last edited by SuzE-Q; 03-05-2015, 08:49 PM.
    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

    Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

    #2
    I avoid taking that one. But Aleve which I prefer for aching muscles and bones is also problematic. :(

    Comment


      #3
      My doctor just gave me a new one, an rx one (naproxen-based) that has a coating to protect the stomach lining. It's just not helping my pain at all. But neither did T3 or even fentanyl patch which is major potent.

      I don't get how people get hooked on fentanyl or why there's a black market. I don't get any kind of "high" or any fun effects. I started on a higher dose which was way too strong so I had to lower it, but even a too strong dose was not fun at all, it just felt really uncomfortable feeling groggy and a bit loopy. I so did NOT enjoy it. I tried oxycodone too, and that didn't give me a high or help either. It actually made me feel worse. Morphine too.

      I read once that if you're in physical pain, a person doesn't get any "high" from pain meds. I wonder if that's true.
      Attached Files
      Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

      Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by SuzE-Q View Post
        My doctor just gave me a new one, an rx one (naproxen-based) that has a coating to protect the stomach lining. It's just not helping my pain at all. But neither did T3 or even fentanyl patch which is major potent.

        I don't get how people get hooked on fentanyl or why there's a black market. I don't get any kind of "high" or any fun effects. I started on a higher dose which was way too strong so I had to lower it, but even a too strong dose was not fun at all, it just felt really uncomfortable feeling groggy and a bit loopy. I so did NOT enjoy it. I tried oxycodone too, and that didn't give me a high or help either. It actually made me feel worse. Morphine too.

        I read once that if you're in physical pain, a person doesn't get any "high" from pain meds. I wonder if that's true.
        Hi,
        Your last line begs the obvious question! Ever tried pot for the pain?
        Sorry if I missed earlier explanations but...is your pain from spasms?
        Linda~~~~

        Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

        Comment


          #5
          Actually, no, I've never tried pot for it. It's various nerve pains in my legs or arms, and some more recent muscle pains, but not spasms or spasticity, in same.

          But it's worth a try though, right? I did try it for spasticity a long time ago and it left me with worse rebound pain, so I suppose it must have scared me enough that it never even occurred to me to try it for these pains. That's what happened when I tried morphine and oxy too, even worse pain when it's wearing off.

          Thanks for the suggestion!
          Last edited by SuzE-Q; 03-15-2015, 07:43 AM.
          Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

          Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

          Comment

          Working...
          X