Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check this article on remyelination...university of Buffalo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Check this article on remyelination...university of Buffalo

    Myelin synthesis

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    Linda~~~~

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

    #2
    I think the drug has the brand name Vesicare, which will be familiar to some people here, I'm sure. I took it for a couple of years and now wonder if I should have stayed on it.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #3
      Interesting that the oligodendrocytes that are being blocked were also stressed in a Web conference on progressive MS sponsored by the National MS Society on March 4, which you can see here:

      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

      Dr. Fox is the panelist who discusses them, in connection with the development of a new drug, ibudilast.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by agate View Post
        I think the drug has the brand name Vesicare, which will be familiar to some people here, I'm sure. I took it for a couple of years and now wonder if I should have stayed on it.
        My neuro had given me vesicare a year ago but I kept taking ditropan. I have used the generic ditropan for 20 years and know how to time it well. But now I have started using vesicare every day and saving ditropan for long trips when I will be out for a full day. The vesicare part of the article I posted had me interested.
        Last edited by Lazarus; 03-07-2015, 01:55 PM.
        Linda~~~~

        Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
          My neuro had given me vesicare a year ago but I kept taking ditropan. I have used the generic ditropan for 20 years and know how to time it well. But now I have started using vesicare every day and saving ditropan for long trips when I will be out for a full day. The vesicare part of the article I posted had me interested.
          Let us know if/when you start growing more myelin.
          Love, Sally


          "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by SalpalSally View Post
            Let us know if/when you start growing more myelin.
            Are you teasing me!? I know the daily pill is not anywhere near a dose they are using in a trial?..I just am taking it illogically...so I guess I have no new myelin yet!
            Linda~~~~

            Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
              Are you teasing me!? I know the daily pill is not anywhere near a dose they are using in a trial?..I just am taking it illogically...so I guess I have no new myelin yet!
              No, I was actually hoping. I didn't know about the dosage thingy.
              Love, Sally


              "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by SalpalSally View Post
                No, I was actually hoping. I didn't know about the dosage thingy.
                Lol, this makes me think of an Oprah episode where she's pointing at various audience members and yelling excitedly: "YOU get remyelination! And YOU get remyelination! And YOU get remyelination!..."
                Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                Comment


                  #9
                  And you can't pee!

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X