Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a certain kind of 3 wheeled walker

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Looking for a certain kind of 3 wheeled walker

    I have used a three wheeled walker for twenty years. I need one with 8" solid rubber tires that I can use to walk around on my farm roads. (Rough terrain)

    I used to get them with handlebars that went up and down by pushing in a button and moving the telescoping bar up or down and letting go of the push in button. Modern ones make it harder to raise and lower the handlebars with some stupid knob you turn but then need a tool to complete the adjustment.

    So, I am looking for one that has holes in the handlebar tube so that you can slide it up and down easily...like a beach umbrella.

    Anyone have an idea?

    Thanks in advance,
    Linda

    P.s. has anyone got any other makes that fold flat and handle rugged terrain?
    Linda~~~~

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

    #2
    Linda, have you tried getting in touch with the people who built yours?
    Maybe they could rebuild it for you?
    Love, Sally


    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






    Comment


      #3
      I have a regular walker that I found at the dumpster I use. It was set out on the ground so someone could get it.
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        #4
        Linda, do you have a picture of the old one?

        ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
          Linda, do you have a picture of the old one?

          ANN
          No picture. But it looks like all the others with 8" solid tires....not the flimsy Winniw walker. I had it 3 walkers ago and have been asking for it for quite a while. I think that only one company makes all the walkers as they are all the same...even if they have different brand names!

          Thanks for trying to help.
          Linda~~~~

          Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

          Comment


            #6
            Have you tried Craigslist or eBay? Often people are trying to unload mobility aids that they needed for only a short time or they got something that turned out not to work right.

            I found this--it claims to be foldable but I'm not sure what terrain it will work on:

            Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #7
              ((((((Linda)))))) ~

              Try searching on line for "3 wheel walker" or even "3 wheel walker rugged terrain." Another option is to search for medical equipment suppliers in your vicinity, call them and ask them what they might have in stock or could order for you, which might meet your needs. On line searching will help you to comparison shop and to know the features of the assorted types of walkers.

              I hope that you find exactly what you need at an affordable price.

              Love & Light,

              Rose
              Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

              Comment


                #8
                Many times, older people use walkers to get around, and when they pass, the relatives just give them away because it's just a painful reminder of the person who was using it. I feel like that was probably the story of the one I found at the dumpster.
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  #9
                  We tried to sell my MIL mobility aides at the estate sale then I tried to give the walkers to an outfit in Boise that handles used mobility aides and they had so many they wouldn't take them so they went to the stuff that went to Goodwill.

                  Linda you might try one of these places. We have one in our area (small rural place one step removed from using leeches for blood letting) and they have most everything at VERY reasonable prices.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Thanks everyone for the suggestions...I found an Invacare that works ...

                    Originally posted by Gary View Post
                    We tried to sell my MIL mobility aides at the estate sale then I tried to give the walkers to an outfit in Boise that handles used mobility aides and they had so many they wouldn't take them so they went to the stuff that went to Goodwill.

                    Linda you might try one of these places. We have one in our area (small rural place one step removed from using leeches for blood letting) and they have most everything at VERY reasonable prices.

                    My new Invacare is cheap and probably the plastic controls will break too soon but at least I can raise and lower the handlebars easily anytime I want with no tools.

                    Actually, it is made the way they were some 20 years ago only with cheaper parts. It will be vary useful when my other one is too clunky.

                    Linda
                    Linda~~~~

                    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X