Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spasticity weirdness

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Spasticity weirdness

    I was Surfing last Saturday, and as I was about to pop up to my feet, this horrific thing happened where my leg turned like 90 degrees sideways, so painful. It was like my leg was posessed, something out of the Exorcist! What the heck? Was it hip spasticity? So painful, it eased up quickly to be replaced by dreaded shin and toe cramps.

    My buddies helped me get out of the ocean. It was very warm, and I may have had too much neoprene on. I still feel it in the legs, maybe it inflamed the muscles. I hope it was a pseudo flare due to heat.

    My new custom board was finally ready and I am going to try it out this weekend, without the neoprene jacket.

    Have you had your leg seize up and twist sideways?

    #2
    Wow. You must have been momentarily frightened.
    I have not had anything like that happen but for the last year I have sudden periods with a new sensation in my legs and they will have short bursts of jumping along with the very uncomfortable sensation. The sensation is not easy to describe. It is extreme but not what I understand as pain...yet it is quite intense pain. The two things go together. Very sharp discomfort and sharp jerking of the leg. Sitting in a theatre seat last weekend I had to physically hold my legs down to stop them from flying into the seat in front of me.

    As it turned out the play I saw was so tedious that my leg thing provided some entertainment!
    Linda~~~~

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

    Comment


      #3
      No, that is funky.

      I had a duck walking right lower leg from multiple falls and sprains
      in my hiker days. Chiropractor would hammer the knee once or twice
      and it realigned. Spooky.

      For all the spasms I have had, I have never experienced that.
      Not in my spaz club.

      Comment


        #4
        I have them cramp up an it painful but usually lock in place they just wont move. And of course the ever pleasant intention tremors. Nothing like what you had. But it is MS had a doc tell me years ago that it was MS and its in your brain and the brain controls everything so it stand to reason that anything is possible

        Comment


          #5
          It was painful for sure. I knew I could get to shore and that my surf buddies would help if they saw me wave. You're kind of on your own out there cuz the ocean is so loud it could take a while to get attention. Luckily one wasn't too far away and heard me shout and give the I Am In Trouble Sign.

          Back in the water this Saturday. Worse comes to worse I won't stand up but ride prone. That's fun too but not like standing up!

          Comment


            #6
            Waking up at night with awful spasms lately. My left foot almost curls over as it arches. Magnesium levels are normal. All the background symptoms seem more pronounced now than 6 months ago. Don't know if it's going off the interferon and onto Rituxan. Still a week before the labs to see if it dropped my CD 20 count (which is what it is supposed to do). Just not feeling well at all lately.

            Comment


              #7
              Aw Cherie. I will say a prayer for you tomorrow on the water. Surfing is where I feel closest to God. His energy just flows through the body out there

              Comment

              Working...
              X