Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 year UTI = 9mm kidney stone

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    4 year UTI = 9mm kidney stone

    A few weeks ago i was in srvere abdominal pain. Took trip 2 ER & after ct was dx'd with this stone, they also found that my right kidney was swollen (if that was the word, anyways it was larger than the left kidney). . They blasted it, inserted a stent (now removed) and i feel better. I had to drink 2 litres of water each day. Just finished a dose of anitibiotics, gotta go back to doc after follow up ulrasound on kidneys & abdomen.

    I can still feel pain on right side, but that seems mostly in my back.

    I was complaining about these pains 4 years, I finally got an er doc to really chk. i am so grateful. YES i will keep doing my best to drink 2 ltrs of water each day from now on.

    Thanks for listening

    Peace to all
    The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

    That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

    #2
    How wonderful to find a doc who listened! And all those who did not ....well, I don't know what to say ....

    At some point I had a doc tell me to "get addicted to water". Best Advice ever. And I thought I was well hydrated because I work on my farm and always have water with me.... The dangers of not being hydrated are more than I ever realized.

    Your story has a wonderful end.
    Linda~~~~

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

    Comment


      #3
      You had a UTI for 4 years? I don't know how you stood it.

      I'm glad you're finally feeling better. Kidney stone pain is right up there at the top on the pain scale, I've heard, and I hope that I never have to experience it again. It is truly crippling.

      Drinking 2 liters of water a day--that's a lot but taking in enough fluid is really important. You can count juices and other beverages as water, right?
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by agate View Post
        Drinking 2 liters of water a day--that's a lot but taking in enough fluid is really important. You can count juices and other beverages as water, right?
        I know that other liquids can be counted as fluids, but I'm not so sure as equal to water. You have acid and other substances to account for. I would think at least a certain portion has to actually be water. But I do agree that entire 2 liters of water on a daily basis might be a bit much when also consuming other fluid. There is such a thing as overhydration as well as underhydration.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by agate View Post
          You had a UTI for 4 years? I don't know how you stood it.

          I'm glad you're finally feeling better. Kidney stone pain is right up there at the top on the pain scale, I've heard, and I hope that I never have to experience it again. It is truly crippling.

          Drinking 2 liters of water a day--that's a lot but taking in enough fluid is really important. You can count juices and other beverages as water, right?




          I asked my er doc about that. He said " no ONLY WATER, you want more stones? "

          Man oh man drinking that much water is soooooo hard fo me. I try to drink it.

          Peace
          The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

          That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

          Comment


            #6
            Drinking that much water a day sounds good on paper, but when it comes to actually doing it, it's very hard to do.

            Isn't there a "water diet"? You lose weight because you're so full of water, there's no room to eat food.
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Howie View Post
              Drinking that much water a day sounds good on paper, but when it comes to actually doing it, it's very hard to do.

              Isn't there a "water diet"? You lose weight because you're so full of water, there's no room to eat food.


              Ni kidding my good man. For me it's drinking the water or eating. (not joking) . It's a b&tch but i have to get, my body used 2 it. for me its a work in progress. Gotta say that i eat more now than in the years. Its the eating & drinking that, .my stomache must get used to. I'll do it. I dont want another stone.

              Thanks for listening,

              Peace
              The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

              That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Howie View Post
                Drinking that much water a day sounds good on paper, but when it comes to actually doing it, it's very hard to do.

                Isn't there a "water diet"? You lose weight because you're so full of water, there's no room to eat food.

                My husband used to tell me to go on the ice diet. Chew ice. You lose weight Bbecause of the heat of fusion melting the ice plus you burn calories from chewing. Plus y our body has to raise its temperature to heat back up!
                I never tried it.....
                Linda~~~~

                Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                Comment


                  #9
                  Linda, that makes good sense. My weight stays pretty stable. I only eat once a day, but it's a healthy meal. I do very little in the way of burning calories, so I can't take in a lot of calories. It's worked well for me.
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Would that be like a 2 liter bottle of 7up? That seems possible, especially if it has a little booze in it.

                    Gee Char, you poor thing. You have been through the mill! Feel better and drinkkkkk.
                    Love, Sally


                    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                    Comment


                      #11
                      Maybe gradually work up to the 2 liters a day? It might be easier that way.

                      Or how about getting a fancy water bottle that you really like to carry around?
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        The only way I could take in that much water is to hang the bottle of water around my neck, and insert the hose with the needle in my right arm. It's numb anyway!
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by SalpalSally View Post
                          Would that be like a 2 liter bottle of 7up? That seems possible, especially if it has a little booze in it.

                          Gee Char, you poor thing. You have been through the mill! Feel better and drinkkkkk.


                          Sounds like a plan, girl! gotta git me somma mahh ganpappie's liquor. Amm ahh drinkin 'shine as we speak! lmao

                          Peace
                          The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

                          That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Shine? Did someone mention shine?
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by agate View Post
                              Maybe gradually work up to the 2 liters a day? It might be easier that way.

                              Or how about getting a fancy water bottle that you really like to carry around?


                              My daughter gave me a water bottle. It holds 750 mm of water. this way i know how much i have injestested.
                              So far, work in progress. Today i am almost up to over 2 ltrs.
                              The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

                              That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X