Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer vs Tablet --- who will win?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Actually,

    Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
    The Missing Manual (The Book that Should have been in the Box). David Pogue. Just buy the one for your device.

    For ipad: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

    Linda knows about recovery and comebacks, that is why she named herself "Lazarus."

    ANN

    Hi Ann,
    I am not so clever. My name really is Linda Lazarus!
    Linda~~~~

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

    Comment


      #32
      Linda, who would have thought! It's almost spooky w everything you have been through!

      ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

      Comment


        #33
        Love it Linda....LOL!!
        Love, Sally


        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
          The Missing Manual (The Book that Should have been in the Box). David Pogue. Just buy the one for your device.

          For ipad: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

          Linda knows about recovery and comebacks, that is why she named herself "Lazarus."

          ANN
          Thanks for cluing us in about this book. I'm a fan of David Pogue's articles in the NY Times Personal Tech section. I get regular e-mails.

          Sally, I haven't forgotten about your question about posting images/photos on a message board using an iPad. I downloaded an iPad user manual (not the one by David Pogue) but it's over 400 pages and so far I haven't found anything useful in it about posting photos except that one way is to connect your iPad to your computer and transfer your entire photo collection to your iPad in that way.

          I'm not sure I can do that because my PC may be too old. I'm sure there's another way that I can use--I just have to find it.

          One problem with the 400+ page manual is that it's for several types of iPads, and so there's a lot of information in there that doesn't apply to my iPad.

          I'm going to get that David Pogue book soon.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #35
            I had the "you talk, it types" built into this laptop and the last one. You need a headset with the mic to use it. I don't know if Dragon works better, but you had to speak VERY distinctly. It types what it hears, or thinks it hears. I just used it to see how it worked so if I ever had to use it, I would know how it worked.
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              #36
              You guys are so smart. Suze, I am going to look into the kind of IPad you have. When I looked at Apple they were so expensive that I just felt I couldn't afford to take the risk of buying one and then not being able to use it.

              Sally, Suze gave you some really good advice. Repetition is part of the key to relearning. Read what she wrote over and over until you believe it. However, I too would be wanting to be in my own home. So I do understand.

              Agate, since I have a bad tremor would the stylus be hard for me to use you think?

              The setup I have now is not too bad but it would be nice to have something that I might could learn to download pictures from.
              Virginia

              Comment


                #37
                Agate, since I have a bad tremor would the stylus be hard for me to use you think?
                Virginia, some people can bring hand tremors under control by stabilizing the hand with a weighted wristband or by propping the wrist on something stable, like the armrest of a chair or the edge of a table. If you can hold a pencil or pen without a tremor, you should be able to manage a stylus.

                They're very inexpensive--maybe you could try one or several out and see what happens.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #38
                  I'm with you on the DL pics thingy n am still trying. I've come to the
                  conclusion that not all iPads dO all things. This one is one of those,
                  I think.?
                  Love, Sally


                  "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X