Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neuro appointment today and Biotin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    My Neurologist has teamed up with a Compounding Pharmacist to offer it much less expensively than can be gotten through a commercial pharmacy. The website is Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... email is metbiome@gmail.com and phone for ordering is 1-203-491-0441. It is being offered by Joseph Guarnaccia MD and Annemarie Arvanites, RPh.

    He has suggested the last two time I was in that I might consider trying it but I just don't want to add another $60/month when it may do nothing for me. Still a bit skeptical as the science is not profound on this yet.

    Comment


      #17
      I paid $15 including shipping for an amount that will last nearly a year. It has 100 GRAMS in the box, and the dose is 300 MILLIGRAMS daily. (1/8 tsp daily)......... It's only $60 month if you buy it pre packaged in capsules.

      (There are 100,000 milligrams in 100 grams according to the on line calculator converter.)

      Comment


        #18
        Do you mind sharing the information on the company where you got it?

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by BBS1951 View Post
          He recommends 100 mg daily and can increase it every four weeks by another 100 mg to the maximum of 300 mg. it will take 2-8 months for any effect.

          The pills only come as large as 5,000 mcg that I could find, which means you would have to take TWENTY PILLS DAILY OF IT---So, at the neuro's recommendation, I just ordered the powder form from Noble Elephant supplements. You take 1/8 tsp in water or yogurt daily.

          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
          Here you go, Cherie. She posted it earlier.
          Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

          Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Cherie View Post
            Do you mind sharing the information on the company where you got it?
            At the Noble Elephant Supplement website.

            Comment


              #21
              I hope it's all right to mention this here. If not, the moderators will kindly delete it please?

              Everyone here knows that there's a very active Facebook page called Biotin for Progressive MS, and if you're already on Facebook you can just type that in the search window at the top left. The page is said to have over 3,700 members, and they're busily talking about biotin, dosages, and whether it's helping them.

              Now if everyone flocks over there, please don't forget about this BrainTalk board!
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #22
                Thanks Agate, I am on FB, but didn't know about this site. However, I will not leave until somebody runs me off.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  #23
                  Thanks agate. I guess everyone but me knows about it :)

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X