Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(OT) Portland's 12 bridges viewed from a drone

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    (OT) Portland's 12 bridges viewed from a drone

    Maybe others will want to post something like this--something from your everyday environment.

    Here's a bit of the scenery I often look at. Portland has 12 bridges across the Willamette River and I'm often going over them but hadn't yet sorted out which one was which. Some are over 100 years old.

    Gary sent me this link on Facebook, and I'm passing it along here (thanks, Gary!). The photos were taken by drone.

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

    The Tilikum bridge is the newest one. It opened only last year and is a pedestrian bridge.
    Last edited by agate; 06-09-2016, 11:15 AM.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    These are amazing pictures to be taken by a drone. Beautiful shots. One big regret is that I did not get to Oregon. I did go to Washington State, but not Oregon.

    Have you gone over any of these bridges that are kind of scary? There is one down toward Charleston, SC that I use to hate to go over. Back then it was high and narrow. I had a sister-in-law who lived down that way and she would go a different route to avoid it. There is another one that crosses the Chesapeake in Maryland that I felt a little queasy going over.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #3
      I do recall some rickety bridges when I was a kid. In fact one was disappearing into the water--but I wasn't on it!

      The pedestrian bridge looks so light and airy that I'm not sure how safe I'd feel going across it but it's fun to look at, I think. It's lit up at night in a variety of colors:

      Last edited by agate; 06-09-2016, 12:57 PM.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #4
        That is a pretty city, and from the looks of the city and it's bridges, it's well taken care of! Thanks for the look!
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          #5
          Wow gorgeous!!
          Love, Sally


          "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






          Comment

          Working...
          X