Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(OT) Proposed revised English spelling

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Thanks everyone, but that is just one of the small problems I am having. The color(s) are unbelievable - dark grey or beige background, green type, blue/green borders, pinkish/red numbers - just name it and this computer has it all wrong right now. My e-mail is working but everything looks strange. The borders are all wrong and what I have at the top of my homepage, such as commands, etc have all changed.

    I have someone coming out tomorrow afternoon to work on it. It will be costly. $122.00 for first hour and then $33.00 for every 15 minutes after that. However,
    I don't know what else to do.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #32
      Virginia, that does sound as if it needs professional attention. Costly problems like that hurt!
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #33
        At that price, I would just get another.

        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          #34
          it may be something easily fixable...screwed up settings, return to default, and restart. I hope so!
          ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

          Comment


            #35
            Could it be "just" the monitor? Replacing the monitor is a big deal but not so bad as replacing the computer itself, or at least that's how things were back in the days I'm still in.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #36
              Agate, I hooked up another monitor yesterday and everything is the same as it was on the other monitor.

              Howie, buying another one is not that simple for me. If I have to do it I would still need someone to come out and take some stuff off this computer and put on the new one and also I need someone to install the new one. So I will go ahead and pay the price to get this one fixed if it is fixable. I bought this computer in 2011 or 2012 - not sure which. Either way that is not that old to me. I usually keep computers a long time.

              Guess I will know tomorrow.
              Virginia

              Comment


                #37
                How to transfer files from one computer to another.

                Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  #38
                  Howie, thanks but no thanks! That may be what is wrong with this one - me messing around where I don't know what I am doing, and yes I did go on the internet for this one, but it was no help. First of all you have to know what they are talking about.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Good luck, Virginia, let us know how the techie manages to fix it, ok?
                    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                    Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                    Comment


                      #40
                      My Mac marches to it's own drummer. I just go along to get along...LOL!
                      Love, Sally


                      "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                      Comment


                        #41
                        Well, computer is back and doing alright. It was basically two things - I had it on a High Contrast setting and the resolution needed to be changed. She ran Adware and installed a 2016 free AVG. Mine was older. She found no viruses. The only problem is I still do not like the color. It is too bright for me. I could fool around with the monitor, but that is what started all this and I just paid $165.46. So I wonder if I can get use to this brightness, rather than risk another upset.

                        You guys look so good. Just like you always do. Before you were red and purple and all kinds of interesting colors.
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          #42
                          What brand of monitor do you have, Virginia? Mine has a setting where you can adjust the brightness. Maybe yours does too.


                          Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Don't most monitors have settings where you can adjust the brightness and the contrast? I wouldn't think that tinkering with those could cause any trouble but there must be monitors I know nothing about.
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Mine does have a place and I can pull it up. It is on 100%, but I can't find how to change it and she could not either. Vicky, this is a Hannspree that my brother gave me. I had the little monitor that was mine hooked up when she got here. I had changed the monitors to see if it would help the problem. It didn't and she immediately took one look at my 17" or 19" monitor and made some remark about the size, so I told her I had a larger one and she picked it up and hooked it up real fast. I guess she is use to all the latest things. I will have to tell my brother that my little monitor was not to her liking, because he was much the same way when he saw it.
                              Virginia

                              Comment


                                #45
                                I had never heard of a Hannspree and neither had Lenny so I looked it up. Their products appear to be on the cheap side. I think you might be better off with the larger one too.


                                Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X