Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sun allergy or heat rash, anyone?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sun allergy or heat rash, anyone?

    When I'm out in the sun for a while (15-30 minutes) I sometimes get a red rash with tiny raised bumps on my hands. It itches, and it stays around for quite a while. It might be this "heat allergy" as discussed in this Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... (August 5).

    Just wondered if anyone else gets this type of rash?
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    I've seen that some medications warn not to expose yourself to sunlight because of possible reactions. Have you started any new medications lately?
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      #3
      Good point, Howie.

      ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

      Comment


        #4
        No new medicine. I first noticed this rash a year or two ago, and there weren't any new meds then either.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #5
          I'm not ever in the Sun!
          Love, Sally


          "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






          Comment


            #6
            Sally, I could go on at some length with my objections to nursing homes. It wouldn't help you at all for me to be ranting and raving but I have to say that they often don't do nearly enough to make sure residents get out in the sun.

            Vitamin D!! Fresh air!! Cheerier surroundings just because they're not the same four walls!

            Could you ask someone on the staff there about whether you could go out?
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #7
              Good idea Agate. Going to the store once a week is more than just getting food. To see, and smell, and feel the outdoors is important to me. Sally, do you have ramps and everything, so you could have your assistant get you outside now and then?
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                #8
                When my MIL was in a nursing home, they often wheeled her outside to their courtyard, and to recreation and entertainment. Her place was no more costly than the bad nursing homes. It never smelled of urine. The staff was cheerful and never passed a patient in the hall without saying hello. And the dining room had nice China and silverware and looked like a high end country club. They wheeled the residents to it. It's all a matter of leadership, IMO. Who is the chief medical officer, the admin people, the head nurse.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Agate I had a heat rash problem all of my youth and early adulthood. For the first time in years I recently saw the familiar rash on my arms. I wasn't even outside though I was suffering from the humidity that I felt inside our apartment so I thought that was funny in a weird way. In my younger years the heat rash itched and did turn red. It would always hit me during the summer months and then gradually fade away as the weather cooled off. I noticed it mainly on both my arms. I never worried about it or did anything about it. It was just something that happened to me every summer and I was used to it happening.

                  My bp medication warns against being in direct sun. I don't break out but I do feel very weak if I am in the sun too long.
                  DAR
                  R/R 1993
                  Draw close to God and he will draw close to you. - James 4:8

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Yes, when I got this rash I thought it was probably just the heat rash that people can sometimes get. Then I came across this article that links it to autoimmune problems.

                    Interesting that skin products, even sunscreen, can make the problem worse.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by agate View Post
                      Sally, I could go on at some length with my objections to nursing homes. It wouldn't help you at all for me to be ranting and raving but I have to say that they often don't do nearly enough to make sure residents get out in the sun.

                      Vitamin D!! Fresh air!! Cheerier surroundings just because they're not the same four walls!

                      Could you ask someone on the staff there about whether you could go out?
                      And I don't smoke anymore but crave a cig...lol!

                      I've never asked to go out but am sure they would take me out if wanted.
                      Last edited by SalpalSally; 08-06-2016, 05:15 AM.
                      Love, Sally


                      "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X