Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's September 11

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by BBS1951 View Post
    Where were you when you first heard the news?
    Watching it live on the TodayShow!
    Last edited by SalpalSally; 09-12-2016, 10:05 AM.
    Love, Sally


    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by SalpalSally View Post
      Watching it live on the TodayShow!
      Yeah, that's what I was watching too. Still remember seeing the second jet fly into the towers in the live feed behind them..and the shock on their faces as they gamely relayed the information...
      ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

      Comment


        #18
        I was at my second office. Alone. A person ran in and said, "planes crashed into Twin Towers, into the Pentwgon and into The White House" ...so, I left work and I got into my car and drove to the kids school. Sat in the parking lot, thinking we were at war and I wanted to be able to scoop them up in a moments notice.

        It seems like each year it gets harder and harder to watch those images.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
          ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

          ((((((Cat)))))) ~ I just wanted to let you know that I wrote this response, before I read your response. I am with you in all regards ~

          The morning of the 9/11 attack, I was busy caring for my sons and hadn’t yet turned on the TV. A dear friend, who works in the aviation industry, called us leaving a message that she was thinking of us “on this very tragic horrible day.” I immediately called her to ask her what had happened, thinking that it was a crisis in her family. She answered sobbing and said, “Turn on the TV.”

          And there is it was ~ those terrifying images that no amount of time will ever erase. We cried together as it just kept getting worse.

          For Jon and Michael, I put on movie videos, because I did not want them to witness it, and as much as possible we protected them from seeing those images continuously replayed on TV for weeks/months/years.

          Jim had been up all night (on his shift) with our boys, and I hesitated to disturb his sleep, but by mid-day, I was experiencing shock, and I needed him. I snuggled up next to him, trembling and weeping, and whispered, “Please hold me.” Then, I began to explain what had happened. We clung to each other, trying to understand the magnitude of it all.

          For the following week, I coped with PTSD symptoms, collapsing at 2:00 every afternoon from utter exhaustion and full body aching to where I couldn’t stand. My face and torso were covered in a hot, red rash. I was surprised by my response, but it was undeniable. I had flashbacks to the “duck and cover” drills we had each Friday, when I was in elementary school, to the TV images of the Vietnam War and all of the boys I knew, who died there, and to the assassinations of JFK, RFK, and MLK. I didn’t realize the cumulative effect of that trauma on me until 9/11.

          I recognized that I was literally hurting for everyone who had lost a loved one, and for those who were injured, missing, and for the First Responders, digging through the rubble. All we could do was pray for them and make donations. I had to continue to take care of my children and face what was awaiting us.

          Fifteen years later, there are 5,400 people registered with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s World Trade Center Health Program, who are diagnosed with cancer from responding to the 9/11 attack.

          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

          They and many others are being denied the care they need, as they attempt to jump through the red tape bureaucratic hoops in their way.

          If we truly want to honor all of those innocent souls, who were taken on 9/11, then we should honor those brave souls, who worked tirelessly, selflessly, to recover their remains and return them to their loved ones. They are suffering now, and they need our support.

          Pray for Peace ~

          Love & Light,

          Rose
          I agree Rose! These Heroes definitely need better health care access immediately!
          Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
          My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

          Comment

          Working...
          X