Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PML

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Sally, I remember so many of us having the Avonex Flu. That was for 3 or 4 days every week but got better over time.

    I am sorry that your daughter has side effects to the Aubagio. What does she think?

    Rose, yes! I thought she would go frim hospital to physical rehab for many reasons including making her feel safe.

    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

    Comment


      #92
      Ann, I definitely think she should have more medical care. Is there a possibility that Doctors are letting this slide because they feel that there is nothing they can do for her. Or do you think husband has just got too much on his plate and is not being assertive enough?

      I remember the Avonex flu, but it did not last but half to 3/4 of a day and then went away. I wish my Doctor had left me on it until Rebif came on the market. I honestly think he was too green about MS way back then and thought I would do good on Copaxone. I was doing well on Avonex. I only stayed on Copaxone 6 months because I was getting worse all the time. By then Rebif came along and we changed it.

      Sally, I know there are a lot of disagreements on here about this subject, but I hope that if your Daughter cannot stay on the drug she is on now, that she will find one she can. She is young and it is not worth the risk of not being on one.
      Virginia

      Comment


        #93
        My dear friend has not talked for almost 2 days. I can hear her trying. Sort of lip smacking but not a sound.

        Husband was crying, I was crying.

        MRI Thursday.

        Please pray, send up good wishes, etc.
        ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          #94
          It sounds as if she's taking a turn for the worse--? I keep trusting all of those reports saying that most people with Tysabri-related PML survive it and recover, often with minimal deficits.

          I'm keeping her in my thoughts, ANN, and I'm sure everybody here is hoping for a favorable outcome for her.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #95
            Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
            My dear friend has not talked for almost 2 days. I can hear her trying. Sort of lip smacking but not a sound.

            Husband was crying, I was crying.

            MRI Thursday.

            Please pray, send up good wishes, etc.
            ANN
            I hope she gets the help she needs for resolving this issue soon. I can't even imagine what she's going through.
            s
            Jendie
            I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

            Comment


              #96
              Where is your friend? Is it a major medical center? It seems like from what you post the care is substandard.

              Comment


                #97
                ((((((Ann)))))) ~

                I'm so sorry your friend is having so many complex problems. So alarming and devastating for her, her husband, you and everyone, who loves her. My prayers are going up for her healing, and that her physician(s) will do more to help her. Prayers for strength for you too.

                Love & Light,

                Rose
                Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                Comment


                  #98
                  Originally posted by BBS1951 View Post
                  Where is your friend? Is it a major medical center? It seems like from what you post the care is substandard.
                  No, ANN indicated earlier that she's been at home now for a few weeks, I think.

                  Oh, what a terrible turn. It looks like she hadn't stabilized if she's worsened. Or maybe it's just MS now. No idea how they tell it apart, I didn't even know PML could continue to progress once they got the med out of your system.

                  Please let us know what happens, ok? If she can't speak and has disordered thinking, she can't possibly be left alone at all, can she?

                  I'm so sorry, ANN. This is not news you were hoping for, to be sure.
                  Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                  Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                  Comment


                    #99
                    She is at home and I had the talk w her husband about why she isn't in a Rehab hospital. I get answered: Well, the doctor did say that she wants (my friend) to do some of that therapy at some point.

                    She had 3 plasmaphoresis (every other day) and was discharged to home the next day. Since then I know she saw her neuro on or about 12/22. She's had 2 MRI's an an attempt at a third. She has another tomorrow.

                    Doc doesn't work on Friday so it won't be dealt with until Tuesday.

                    It's maddening. I fight w her husband a little but only a little because he has all the power right now.
                    ANN
                    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                    Comment


                      You are in a difficult position. It's his call, so somewhat delicate balance for you to advocate for her needs without him feeling pressured or judged and risk him potentially pushing you out of the loop entirely.
                      Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                      Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                      Comment


                        I want to do my best for her. For that to happen, I have to keep him talking w me.

                        ANN
                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                        Comment


                          Yesterday, friend took a bad turn (what?) and is being hospitalized today or tomorrow. We are trying to get tix to fly out there to see her.

                          That's all I know.
                          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                          Comment


                            Oh no. I am very sorry to hear this. Be sure to take care of yourself

                            Comment


                              Is it a good marriage betweeen your friend and her husband?

                              It sounds like he is either stupid, passive, inexperienced talking to doctors, or doesn't care about the outcome.

                              Comment


                                ((((((Ann)))))) ~

                                I'm so very sorry. I hope that you'll be able to get tickets to go to her. Perhaps you'll get an opportunity to speak directly with her physicians. I am sending healing energy and prayers that the doctors will be able to help her.

                                Love & Light,

                                Rose
                                Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X