Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor callbacks etiquette

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I went to see my primary care doctor yesterday. He said it is OK to stay on MiraLAX for as long as I want and that I should not worry about becoming addicted or interfering with natural ways of moving bowels. More than you ever wanted to know, right?

    While I was there, I told him about this amazing thing that several of the surfer dudes did for me at the beach when they heard that I was having trouble walking. My doctor is also a surfer so he could really appreciate it. Anyway, when I told him, his eyes misted over . He also then said, "in a world filled with darkness right now it's wonderful to hear about these moments of light".

    Indeed

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by BBS1951 View Post
      The secretary read his note. First was the sdvice to increase water and fruits and vegetables, like I am an idiot and never thought of that.

      Then was advice to try to cut back to 40 mg day of Baclofen spread across three doses: 10, 10, 20

      So, reading between the lines, this gives me the green light to reduce the dose. I reduced it to 50 yesterday. Will stay at that dose and see if spasms are still under control and whether comstipation eases. Then could reduce to 45 and finally 40 depending on spasm incidents and constipstion (i.e. Gut motility)
      Hello,
      I wanted to say that I am notorious for fooling around with dosages and not taking meds when I am supposed to take them. A couple of years ago I started taking my bladder med and also baclofen as my neuro presecibed them. He explained the reasoning and also I came face to face with difficulties that I was having that I thought I understood. Thought I was so smart!

      Sometimes we trick ourselves.

      Be well.
      Last edited by Lazarus; 12-24-2016, 11:36 AM.
      Linda~~~~

      Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

      Comment


        #18
        I upped it from 50 to 55mg. Was getting some drumbeats of spasms. I will stick with 55mg for a few days and then see if I am braver enough to try 50. The cognitive side effects are very annoying. I never had that at 45 mg Baclofen.

        Comment


          #19
          Sounds like all of us are juggling meds. I am taking ropinerole for leg spasms..requip. But lately was waking up in the middle of the night with my legs jumping around so much I was nearly tossed out of bed...and then could not get back to sleep. A sleep-deprived Cat is NOT something you want to be around. So I doubled the dose... voila...sleep through the night, legs not jumping around. Called the doctor, got his nurse, told her what was happening, what I did, what happened. After a bit of a delay (about 2 hours), she had to consult the doctor --my self-dose was approved. Unfortunately it wasn't until late FRiday afternoon, and our pharmacy closed at 5, and closed today and tomorrow, so I won't be able to get the new prescription until Monday. I've got enough of the old dose to double it up until then, so I'm good.
          ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Cat Dancer View Post
            Sounds like all of us are juggling meds. I am taking ropinerole for leg spasms..requip. But lately was waking up in the middle of the night with my legs jumping around so much I was nearly tossed out of bed...and then could not get back to sleep. A sleep-deprived Cat is NOT something you want to be around. So I doubled the dose... voila...sleep through the night, legs not jumping around. Called the doctor, got his nurse, told her what was happening, what I did, what happened. After a bit of a delay (about 2 hours), she had to consult the doctor --my self-dose was approved. Unfortunately it wasn't until late FRiday afternoon, and our pharmacy closed at 5, and closed today and tomorrow, so I won't be able to get the new prescription until Monday. I've got enough of the old dose to double it up until then, so I'm good.
            Hello,
            I always keep a stash of 10mg Valium. When I have severe spasms it is the only thing that works. I have has a 'scrip for two years and have half of them left. But, when a I need it, I am so happy to have it.

            Muscle relaxers never solve my spasms...baclofen does stop my severe muscle cramps and tightening tendons. But Valium stops back spasms that bring me to tears. Valium also stops the esophageal spasms that show up several times a year. Yup, we all have drug routines. I worry that I get cause and effect wrong but, I stick to what works until it doesn't!
            Linda~~~~

            Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

            Comment


              #21
              Yes. And toughing it out is not always a good idea. My sister once got spasms in her back that were so intense she stopped breathing. Husband did CPR while waiting for ambulance. On vacation.

              Comment


                #22
                I think there might be a 3 business day reply through the patient portal. In general good for general and maintenance questions. If more immediate answer needed better to call. If urgent, ER is the place to go.

                Comment

                Working...
                X