Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(OT) Happy Festivus, the holiday for the rest of us

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    (OT) Happy Festivus, the holiday for the rest of us

    Once again it's time for Festivus, the holiday originated on a Seinfeld episode from 1997:

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    Yes, Happy Festivus !

    While my feats of strength may not be what they once were, I always appreciate the airing of the grievances. :)
    *another random thought *

    Comment


      #3
      Never watched a whole episode of Seinfeld. Weird, I know...

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by RandomThought View Post
        Yes, Happy Festivus !

        While my feats of strength may not be what they once were, I always appreciate the airing of the grievances. :)
        Reminds me of the "burning of grudges" on New Year's at my Unitarian Church.
        ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          #5
          Happy Festivus! Thanks for link Agate.
          Virginia

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Uppitycats View Post
            Never watched a whole episode of Seinfeld. Weird, I know...
            Man, Seinfeld has become iconic. So many classic phrases from that show, such as "festivus" , airing of grievances, "not that there is anything wrong with that," converting to Judaism for the jokes, I choose not to run, Yada yada yada, was that wrong of me?, just to mention just a few.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Uppitycats View Post
              Never watched a whole episode of Seinfeld. Weird, I know...
              Man, Seinfeld has become iconic. So many classic phrases from that show, such as "festivus" , airing of grievances, "not that there is anything wrong with that," converting to Judaism for the jokes, I choose not to run, Yada yada yada, was that wrong of me?, just to mention just a few.

              Comment


                #8
                :) I never saw a Seinfeld show either. Jeanie :)

                Comment


                  #9
                  Yes, I know where the various catch phrases came from. Just did not find the show all that entertaining. Saw bits and pieces, mainly clips, on other programs. Wasn't the soup nazi an ongoing theme too....or was that another show I'm only vaguely aware of?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Uppitycats View Post
                    Yes, I know where the various catch phrases came from. Just did not find the show all that entertaining.
                    I've seen whole shows and didn't really care for it much either. I could add more, but there would be no point.


                    Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Yes, the soup nazi was part of an episode on Seinfeld. I've seen a number of Seinfeld shows, years ago. You don't have to have seen Seinfeld to celebrate Festivus.

                      It's a holiday for "the rest of us," those who don't observe Christmas or who are fed up with Christmas. I'm not fed up with Christmas but find it a difficult time to get through as it has some very painful memories, and I know it's hard for people for whom Christmas isn't part of their tradition.
                      Last edited by agate; 12-26-2016, 07:25 AM.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X