Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trigeninsl neuralgia

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Trigeninsl neuralgia

    I have a relative with Lupus. She developed TN last week. What are the effective treatments you have tried for this?

    #2
    I am sorry about the TN in a relative, BBS. Tegretol and other anticonvulsives are very effective for my R sided constant TN.

    After a few years of pain just below the surface, a low dose of neurontin was added as an " add-on" drug. Together they completely take care of it except for extremely stressful situations and hot and humid weather. For those I have a "break through pain" rx of 100mg of gabapentin.

    Best to your relative,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by BBS1951 View Post
      I have a relative with Lupus. She developed TN last week. What are the effective treatments you have tried for this?
      I had TN and other neuralgia in 1998-9, I used Neurontin(gabapentin) and it helped. Luckily, it went away.
      s
      Jendie
      I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

      Comment


        #4
        I forgot an important point, narcotics usually do not help!

        ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          #5
          Thanks, I passed on the info.

          Comment

          Working...
          X