Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stem cell treatment access

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Stem cell treatment access

    A friend sent me this link:
    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

    The attorney is Malia Litman.

    In any case, the treatment is available in Israel. I emailed them to ask how often one must go. I also don't know if it's for anyone with MS, whether it is widely available in Israel, or just for research.

    It looks like what Dr. Saddiq in NYU is doing. But his is for research Phase two, so I suspect there are criteria to be included.

    I hope they email me back. Any thoughts?

    I wanted to connect with Ms, Litman, but unable to find an email for her. She looks high powered and maybe has layers of privacy protection. Can't blame her at all....

    #2
    Sounds as if the Hadassah group has an ongoing trial of mesenchymal stem cells involving 48 patients. Is that the treatment you're talking about?
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #3
      BBS, I thought this was something that had been out and in trials for awhile. Guess I was wrong.
      Virginia

      Comment


        #4
        Ok, I must've missed about the trials.

        This woman attorney Litman is worth googling. She sounds like she lives quite a life.

        The email I sent to the doc in Israel bounced back. My next plan is to ask my neuro about it in May visit.

        Comment


          #5
          She's had quite a distinguished career.

          I watched the video about her that is on the Hadassah Webpage. Her speech seems somewhat impaired but she's not claiming that the stem cell treatment fixed everything. Also, another article about her indicates that she's had dyslexia, and that could explain some of the speech impairment.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #6
            It appeared to me that this lady had treatments quite often and when it has been a little while they start to wear off. However, if I could get them and it did me and my fatigue that much good I would go, but not to Israel. Too far at this point in my life.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #7
              I had stem cell done in Miami,,its called Stem Genex,,

              good luck in your search..
              " Don't outsmart your common sense"

              Peg

              Comment


                #8
                Peg, I wonder if it's the same type? There is another type, researched coming from Canada (Toronto?) which can have serious side effects as opposed to the Israel and NYU type with minimal side effects.

                Virginia, my IVIG has eliminated the MS fatigue. It's something to consider.

                Comment

                Working...
                X