Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dr. can now mri

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Dr. can now mri

    Hi - on Feb. 14th I received a new defibulator/pacemaker implant. This new one is compatible with having an MRI. Because the MS has taken over much of my body, Dr. is gunna schedule a MRI for me. Been ten years since I've had one. He'S gunna review the scan, review my extensive list of medications and then perhaps recommend a MS drug that'll help better than the Gilenia I now take. We'll see.

    Tweeker
    Ya Can't Argue With An Idiot

    #2
    It's good to know your doctor is interested and doing an updated MRI. I've been told that a 10-year-old MRI is worthless for comparison purposes because the technology keeps changing so fast.

    Maybe you'll be a candidate for the new MS drug, Ocrevus? An infusion once every 6 months sounds easier than some of the other MS drugs.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #3
      I was thinking the same thing about Ocrevus. This may be what your Doctor is thinking also, without saying so until he sees a recent MRI. I hope you get on just the right drug for you.
      Virginia

      Comment


        #4
        Hi Tweeker. Good luck w whatever treatment you decide on. I hope a review of your meds and the info from a new MRI will lead to an improvement in your day- to -day life.

        Re Ocrevus, I remember when we were all waiting for Antegren which ended up being named Tysabri.
        ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          #5
          Good luck...big decision time for you!
          Linda~~~~

          Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

          Comment

          Working...
          X