My spasms are all controllable.... the esophageal spasms I started having a couple of years ago have now become part of the routine. They come, stay around for a while and then disappear. Same with leg spasms. And now, thanks to a long ago post with pertinent information by Uppitycats, I realize I have bladder spasms which do the same thing. They come to visit and then disappear.
The bladder pain is new. At first I thought UTI. But it did not fit with what I knew or read. When I read the words bladder spasms I knew right away, that is what I am having. The pain is bad but goes away. Along with those spasms are many incidents of total bladder loss of control.
This must have been happening for a long time I think. I have an appointment with a urologist but that is not until July. So I have been reading at the Mayo Clinic site and at MS WOrld. Somewhere I got the advice to eliminate caffeine. I was a 6cup a day drinker! So, I have gone cold turkey and eliminated caffeine. I have had almost no bladder spasms, fewer incidents of incontinence and I can do those exercises (begins with a K) without pain. This may all turn out to be coincidence but the material I read was compelling. No caffeine---no floods.
I am so glad people had posted the information I read. So I am passing it on.
In the meantime my spasms continue to play a game with me. But the bladder ones are almost gone.
The bladder pain is new. At first I thought UTI. But it did not fit with what I knew or read. When I read the words bladder spasms I knew right away, that is what I am having. The pain is bad but goes away. Along with those spasms are many incidents of total bladder loss of control.
This must have been happening for a long time I think. I have an appointment with a urologist but that is not until July. So I have been reading at the Mayo Clinic site and at MS WOrld. Somewhere I got the advice to eliminate caffeine. I was a 6cup a day drinker! So, I have gone cold turkey and eliminated caffeine. I have had almost no bladder spasms, fewer incidents of incontinence and I can do those exercises (begins with a K) without pain. This may all turn out to be coincidence but the material I read was compelling. No caffeine---no floods.
I am so glad people had posted the information I read. So I am passing it on.
In the meantime my spasms continue to play a game with me. But the bladder ones are almost gone.

Comment