Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alpha Lipoic acid outperformed Ocrevus

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Alpha Lipoic acid outperformed Ocrevus

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

    #2
    I took that years ago. Got it from a health food store. Maybe I could start it again.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      #3
      Someone here took it and has lived to tell about it? I'll definitely think about it. I don't like this brain shrinkage.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #4
        It was XXXOO? I forget how many Xs and Os but he was one who took it.

        Originally posted by agate View Post
        Someone here took it and has lived to tell about it? I'll definitely think about it. I don't like this brain shrinkage.
        Amazing that I remembered it.
        Linda~~~~

        Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

        Comment


          #5
          XO, (Mark) was a big proponent of alfa lipoic acid. I took it for a little while based on his findings, but I stopped. I was afraid of the larger dosage and my Doctor did not seem to think too much of it at that time. I took a smaller dose, so figured it would not help me at the dose I was taking.

          Edited to add: Been so long I can't remember if I had gastrointestinal problems or any side effects.
          Last edited by Virginia; 07-03-2017, 04:40 PM.
          Virginia

          Comment


            #6
            I was referring to Howie's post, where he mentioned that he'd tried it.

            Don't I recall that xoxo (Mark) was taking CoQ10? Maybe he took alpha lipoic acid as well?
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #7
              Thought I was asleep eh? Talking about me behind my back? Shame on you!

              What's strange, I went to this health food place 19 years ago, right after I was DXed, and asked her for anything that might be helpful for MS, and she recommended the alpha lipoic acid.

              Now, the suggestion to take it is JUST being made. How did the sales girl know this? Look how far ahead her recommendation was.
              Last edited by Howie; 07-03-2017, 08:31 PM.
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                #8
                It's been around as a recommended treatment for quite a while, I think. It just hasn't been one of the blockbuster drugs that get highlighted and trumpeted as they're rolled out.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I have been on Lipoic acid for about six months per neuros recommendation.

                  It hasn't been big news cuz it's cheap. The pharmas maybe push only expensive meds in the news?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    And, I have no side effects from it. That I know of.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by BBS1951 View Post
                      I have been on Lipoic acid for about six months per neuros recommendation.

                      It hasn't been big news cuz it's cheap. The pharmas maybe push only expensive meds in the news?

                      What dose do you take?
                      Linda
                      Linda~~~~

                      Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                      Comment


                        #12
                        600 mg twice a day. Got it online at Amazon, made by Superior Labs 100% pure

                        IMG_2954.jpg

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Agate, xoxo did also take CoQ-10. I also tried that based on his advice, but I didn't stay with any of the alternative things other than the Omega 3s and the Vitamin D-3. I have continued on those throughout all the years. I should have stayed on all of it I guess, but I didn't work up to the dosages that he was recommending and so I felt that it probably was not going to help me.
                          Virginia

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Bringing up this thread for BBS.
                            Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                            Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                            Comment


                              #15
                              For ME, taking Valtrex for almost 2 years is what I attribute to stopping any progression of my MS. It was during my second exacerbation the damage I carry today occurred, and after studying about MS, and talking to pharmacists, and my doctor, I started Valtrex.

                              I started Valtrex during that second exacerbation, and never had another. That was 17 years ago. I was disabled with that attack, but have not progressed past where I was at that point.
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X