Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Security benefits to increase by 2% in 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Social Security benefits to increase by 2% in 2018

    Social Security benefits will increase by 2% as of the first of the year. This came from the AARP:

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    I guess it's time to give Sam an allowance.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      #3
      But the increase will be swallowed up by the increase in health care costs...
      ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

      Comment


        #4
        Cat, that is true. I have already received notice that my Medicare Supplemental policy is going up. More than it ever has at one time. I wonder if Medicare Part B that is taken out of our SS is also going up. Anyone know?
        Virginia

        Comment


          #5
          My part D is going from $63/month to $14/month so I will see a bit more of my SS payment than I have been. Dave is going on Medicare December 1 so his insurance of $1011/month (with $1000 deductible plus copays) will come down to about $280/month. We have an AARP United Health part F policy that costs us each $130/month and does away with ALL copays. It will be phased out in 2018 but those already in it can continue with that coverage for another 8 years. Met with our insurance guy yesterday.

          Comment


            #6
            Cherie I also have the AARP United Health part F policy. It has been costing me $215.07 and is going up to $227.07 for first six months of 2018 and $231.75 for second six months of 2018. If you have received your rate information for 2018 check and see if the payments are more for July thru December, than for January thru June.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Virginia View Post
              Cherie I also have the AARP United Health part F policy. It has been costing me $215.07 and is going up to $227.07 for first six months of 2018 and $231.75 for second six months of 2018. If you have received your rate information for 2018 check and see if the payments are more for July thru December, than for January thru June.
              I started on the policy in September when I turned 65. Our Agent said that because we had automatic withdrawal from our bank account and were AARP members that we would be grandfathered at that rate. He did say it might go up a little but probably not more than 20 dollars a month. Sounds like I need to call him again and ask him. I do know that $130 is coming out of my checking account for each of the past two months. I wonder why yours is almost twice what I am paying?

              Comment


                #8
                I am wondering what makes it such a large difference too. I have always had mine taken out of my bank account and have been an AARP member for 20 years. I wonder what the difference is? If you can find out through your Agent please let me know. Thanks!
                Virginia

                Comment


                  #9
                  And, my deductions are way higher than my DHs Medicare deductions!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I had to change companies again this year (had to change last year when THAT company pulled out; now the second one pulled out). The new company has been in Wisconsin for years -- my father in law, who died in 2006, used this company -- so I hope that means it will stay put! Thankfully all our doctors will accept this plan, too. It's still over $1,000/month premium for the two of us (on Medicare; without the Medicare it would be near $2,000). My Medicare payment will pay for the health insurance, I think... Leaving TC's Medicare for the rest of it, each month.
                    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X